Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The future of the board

Liked

The future of the board

No disrespect to the OP, but this board has "done it's dash", there is nothing left to post about that has not already been done to death .
    SP is indeed dead, so too is this board, it just needs to be buried. Its over. The virus has killed off any new "material " which was the life blood of the gay boards, Moses pull the plug from the life support machine and let it slip away with a little dignity. Sad but true.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Long Slow Move from Sunee to Jomtien

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post

No disrespect to the OP, but this board has "done it's dash", there is nothing left to post about that has not already been done to death .
    SP is indeed dead, so too is this board, it just needs to be buried. Its over. The virus has killed off any new "material " which was the life blood of the gay boards, Moses pull the plug from the life support machine and let it slip away with a little dignity. Sad but true.
    We're on the verge of recovery from a pandemic that completely altered the demographics of Gay Life in Thailand, and one thing there won't be any shortage of in the near future, and that's interesting topics on this forum. We'll be talking about things like; which bars and other gay venues reopened, what the new staff is like, which boys returned from exile, what's becoming popular, what's not, as well as updates on what will hopefully be the reemergence of places like Sunee Plaza and Boyztown, which, as dark and dismal as they appear right now, just may surprise all of us when the dust settles.

Gay travelers who have been banned from returning to Thailand during this pandemic will want to know about these changes, and it's up to those of us who are here to provide that information. Regardless of which gay area becomes the most popular, Boyztown, Sunee, the Complex, or possibly a new area, the bar owners will rely on us to help promote their businesses and get the wind back in our rainbow sails where it belongs.

3. 14 Users gave Like to post:

AdamKY (August 10th, 2021), Andaman! (August 10th, 2021), Aux1010 (August 13th, 2021), BenCH (August 10th, 2021), ChrisUK (August 9th, 2021), ChrisY (August 10th, 2021), daydreamer (August 10th, 2021), francois (August 9th, 2021), GWMinUS (August 10th, 2021), Kenny (August 9th, 2021), Lotusleaf (August 10th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 10th, 2021), siscu58 (August 10th, 2021), vnman (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    1 This is off topic

2 I hope you keep posting, but if you really have had enough, it might be more reasonable to delete your own account than request the board to be closed.

3 This reminds me of past statements allegedly suggesting everything that could be invented has been invented (below). Whilst Thailand might be quiet at present, for obvious reasons, who knows what excitement the future will hold ?

"A comment by Ellsworth about the increased workload at the patent office, taken out of context and embellished, was apparently the source of an urban legend that a patent office official (Charles H. Duell in some versions) claimed that everything which could be invented had already been invented.[15] In his 1843 report to Congress, Ellsworth stated: "The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end."

4 I wouldn't want to see the gay forums close and the members subjected to the policy whims of Fűhrer Zuckerberg.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (August 10th, 2021), daydreamer (August 10th, 2021), Dodger (August 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 10th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I found the criticism of the forum surprising. Most of us are marooned either in Thailand itself or thousands of miles away. Apart from Covid news (which I avoid), what else is there to comment on, other than issues like this? Perhaps it's my age but I enjoy recollections of the past, the Good Old Days, and reflections on the scene and what it may be again one day.

In fact, it is more important for me now than it ever was in that it keeps my links with Thailand alive.

Other gay forums are facing similar issues; if I'm fed-up with one or more, I stop reading them.

7. 11 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (August 10th, 2021), daydreamer (August 10th, 2021), Dodger (August 9th, 2021), francois (August 9th, 2021), gerefan2 (August 10th, 2021), goji (August 9th, 2021), GWMinUS (August 10th, 2021), Lotusleaf (August 10th, 2021), Nirish guy (August 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 10th, 2021), siscu58 (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Universal condemnation of evil Dr Moaning aka Zebs. Hahaha. A momentary lapse of reason I'm sure.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (August 10th, 2021), Dodger (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Nah, it is no longer fit for purpose. I know people do not want to hear that, but they are in denial.
    Ok Moses, put her to sleep.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The board as a "thing" works perfectly well so no reason ( technically) to scrap that.

A need for the board ( as others have already said ) is probably MORE in need now than ever as it is providing a source for holding people with a shared in interest, whether that be guys, Thailand or both together in some loose way and keeping our interest alive. Without that one by one as interest could wane we could fall away, go to other places or just "forget" about Thailand, the board helps to keep that interest ( and community dare it use the word) together.

In fact perhaps Moses should be writing to TIT and asking for some form of grant or special funding to help pay his hosting costs for the "service" he / the board is providing in keeping our interest alive and current in Thailand and the many things we all share interests in there.

So, I'm guessing at a time when Thalland needs all the help it can get in the months ahead and many peoples interest in returning is still current ( once allowed) I'm guessing your view that "the board should be gently put to sleep" view will be quite limited in its support I would think?

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 9th, 2021), Dodger (August 9th, 2021), goji (August 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 10th, 2021)

Liked

Nothing new, because there is nothing happening, not any poster's fault... even all the old memories of days long gone are exhausted and exhausting at this stage. Last man out, please turn off the lights.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Alas thanks to Covid I fear that most of us could say the same about many other parts of our lives too, but that's still no reason to "give up and turn out the lights" on life, I prefer to be more of a glass half full man and whilst we're all on somewhat of a hibernation mode ( here on the board and in life in general) I like to believe that in time spring will come, lambs will be frolicking in the fields once more and life will return to someone close to what we hopefully all knew before, or if different then at least in a good and interesting way - as if we dont think that, then whats the alternative - throw a rope and give up? I think now - keep smiling and BUGGER ON I say - quite literally in most of our cases at least ! :-))

15. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Re: The Future of the Board

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    We're on the verge of recovery from a pandemic...
    I would say we are at best in the middle, maybe just at the end of the beginning. Once the virus is under control (in one or two years?), it will take many more years for governments to reduce restrictions and for tourism industry to recover. We might never reach the level of tourism pre-Covid .

17. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (August 11th, 2021)