Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
I've spent a long time just hoping that I'd soon be back in Thailand.

I've now let go of that hope and feel a lot better for it. Rather than looking forward to a trip this year or early next year, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I won't be travelling anywhere overseas until at least 2023.

So if I have to worry, I'll worry about something else instead.
I was in the same situation in October 2021. After the botched STV, I realized that I might have to wait a very long time, reading news and pondering my possibilities every day, until Thailand comes with something that would work for me. It was a relief to give up on Thailand for the close future (6 month) and pursue alternatives. South America or Cambodia, finally Cambodia made it and I'm glad I'm here despite all the trouble and expenses it took!

At the moment, I'm slightly optimistic to be back in Thailand end of this year. I'm not afraid of Covid, I'm just waiting for better entry conditions and end of their internal travel restrictions. Better free travel in Cambodia (not any more starting tomorrow, but still better than Thailand), than being in Thailand but limited travel.