Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cambodia during the pandemic

Liked

Re: Cambodia during the pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    In most cases, it's a voluntary & self inflicted condition.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should ask themselves if the sudden increase in obesity in recent decades is due to either:
    (i) A sudden change in the gene pool in the last 50 years, after thousands of years of slow evolution
    OR
    (ii) People eating too much trashy food and exercising less
    How is this even important? The point is that morbid obesity is an underlying condition, self-inflicted or not.

Maybe we should investigate if people with liver problems have not been excessive drinkers.

This is like a flashback to the HIV epidemic. Who's at fault because of unprotected sex (or even for being gay) and who isn't because of a blood transfusion.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    How is this even important?
    Compared with your other 2 examples, obesity is the only condition that's easily reversible.

Also, when hospitals have too many patients and have to resort to triage to decide which patient gets the ventilator, it seems some countries have had policies of prioritizing individuals who are otherwise healthy. Then the lifestyle choices become important.

Liked

Compared with your other 2 examples, obesity is the only condition that's easily reversible.
    Is that so doctor?

btw, I'm sure if you would ask anyone obese if it would be easier to lose weight or fuck with a condom... They would probably choose the latter.

Also, when hospitals have too many patients and have to resort to triage to decide which patient gets the ventilator, it seems some countries have had policies of prioritizing individuals who are otherwise healthy. Then the lifestyle choices become important.
    Now, if you just wanted to express your feelings about obesity, mission accomplished. The point still stands that it's an underlying condition. It seems that you don't have an argument that contradicts this.

Liked

Re: A video tour of Pattaya take today after the latest lockdown......

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I am surprised to see tourists. I see a lot of younger farang in this evening video. So not just pensioners what I had expected. I guess they went for the two week quarantaine option. But why? It looks pretty dead.
    Not necessarily. Here in Cambodia are a lot of young (average age 30?) people who are here on some kind of business / job / digital nomad, and have been here since before Covid. I have met dozens of young and only few old Foreigners (mostly White) in Cambodia.

Liked

Re: A video tour of Pattaya take today after the latest lockdown......

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Not necessarily. Here in Cambodia are a lot of young (average age 30?) people who are here on some kind of business / job / digital nomad, and have been here since before Covid. I have met dozens of young and only few old Foreigners (mostly White) in Cambodia.
    The advantage for them is you don’t need to make that much money every month if you stay in Cambodia. I think with 500 EUR a month you can live a nice middle class life there. 100 EUR for rent of a room. 100 EUR food per month. 300 EUR left for nice things.

These digital nomads can this way easily out compete young people living in richer countries. They just can do the same job for a far lower fee.

Or as I said before. It are students. Classes are online now. They just stay in Cambodia living from monthly allowance parents and follow the classes online. For the exam periods they fly back home

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    The point still stands that it's an underlying condition. It seems that you don't have an argument that contradicts this.
    I don't disagree. It's an underlying condition that's ALSO voluntary and self inflicted (in almost all cases).

Since that's reversible by just a little bit of self control, such people can make their own choices. They shouldn't expect to be prioritized above others for medical care.