Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Liked

Re: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It would be interesting to know what you've been doing to maintain your health and build your immune system.

The more ideas we share with members - the better it is for all of us.
    I live a healthy lifestyle - no smoking, no drinking, only fucking!

(The idea is from a Thai friend who introduced me this way to his Farang boss - an English gentleman in his 60s - in 2011 and that was the last time someone managed to embarrass me. Thai friend used this line before, so after "no smoking" I knew what was coming and thought "please don't!"). It hasn't harmed our friendship, both Thai friend and English gentleman are among my longest running friends in Thailand.

But the above is true. No smoking, no drinking, only fucking. Eat a lot of fruit. Go to bed before midnight and sleep 7 hours. Walk a lot. No fast food (all my life, I have been less than 10 times in McDo, KFC or similar, all on suggestion of a boy I was with), very little fizzy drinks (equivalent of 1 Liter of Coke per month). My only vice is chocolate and cakes. That is a problem in Germany where we have a large choice of delicious cakes at low prices, but not a problem in SEAsia (most local cake here is not to my taste).

I don't exercise. Walking is to get somewhere, and hiking is for sightseeing. I like boys with slim or muscular body, but I guess most of them have them by nature, not from exercise. Without exercise, I'm in good shape and could walk from sunrise to sunset, i.e. the limiting factor is not my physical strength, but daylight or need to eat or sleep. 5 years ago I used to run in Lumpini park and swim in public pool, but both was mostly as a means to meet boys, and when that failed, I gave up.

As suggested by other members, I started eating yogurt regularly in SEAsia. In Germany I eat yogurt daily because we have a large selection of good taste at low prices. If it wasn't for health reasons, I would not bother with the limited selection at high prices of yogurt in SEAsia. Occasionally, I take vitamin and mineral supplements, e.g. during lockdowns where one of my daily meals was plain steamed rice or boiled sweet potato.

I'm not overly fussy with food hygiene and sometimes you can say I deliberately expose myself to germs. E.g. drinking tap water everywhere, and natural water in National Parks in SEAsia (and in rivers and lakes that look clean to me everywhere in Europe - taking the existance of fish, algae, plants in the body of water as proof that it supports life.). When eating, I apply the 5-seconds-rule: if something drops from my plate on table or floor and I can pick it up within 5 seconds, I will still eat it.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Re: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    As suggested by other members, I started eating yogurt regularly in SEAsia. In Germany I eat yogurt daily because we have a large selection of good taste at low prices. If it wasn't for health reasons, I would not bother with the limited selection at high prices of yogurt in SEAsia.
    We have some similarities in regimes, although I am partial to alcohol.

If I'm staying somewhere for more than 3 days, I will make my own yoghurt. This requires a live yoghurt starter and a litre of UHT milk. If necessary, warm the milk to over 30C, mix in about a tablespoon full of the live yoghurt and leave at over 30C for 8 hours, or until it thickens, which may be earlier. If it curdles, the temperature is too high. The warming is easily done in a microwave, or by placing your tub of milk in hot water. If all has gone well, just reuse the last of this yoghurt for the next batch, so no need to buy more yoghurt to start it.

Advantages:
    1 By fermenting my own, I know it really is live yoghurt
    2 Lower cost. UHT milk is about 45 baht per litre. Double UK prices, but still much cheaper than yoghurt

4. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 2nd, 2021)