Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BTS and ID

Liked

BTS and ID

Not sure if it was on this site bit there was a lot ofvdiscussion about having to show your passport to top up your Rabbit card at a BTS station. Indeed I suffered from this. In November, and now, as other members will have noticed, no longer any requirement to show ID. Last two top ups of Bt200, just waved through.

Liked

Re: BTS and ID

A requirement to show ID is barking mad. Anyone up to no good, such as suicide bombers and so on will simply pay a cash fare.

I wondered into a Rabbit office with the intention of buying a card. There were 3 people doing naff all in this office, but they sent me to the ticket counter. That had 2 queues with over 10 people in each, so I didn't bother. The ratio of those doing bugger all to those serving customers could be improved.

Also, in most countries I visit, the machines sell the prepay cards.

Liked

Indeed, in almost every other country you top up your card in the machine!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    ... no longer any requirement to show ID. Last two top ups of Bt200, just waved through.
    "Registered Rabbit cardholders not required to present passport ...". That's what they show at the ticket booth. So as they already have you in their system and can watch your travels on Skytrain, no need to ask for registration again.

More surprising is, that this is "In compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Act, B.E. 2542"! Money laundering with BTS Rabbit card? And the act is over 20 years old - and only since this year they ask for ID or Passport. TiT!

5. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (August 2nd, 2021)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Not sure if it was on this site bit there was a lot of discussion about having to show your passport to top up your Rabbit card at a BTS station. Indeed I suffered from this. In November, and now, as other members will have noticed, no longer any requirement to show ID. Last two top ups of Bt200, just waved through.
    The requirement is and, since it was introduced, always has been to show ID at the first top-up. Since the ID is at that point linked to the card there is no need for showing ID for subsequent top-ups
    Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Anyone up to no good, such as suicide bombers and so on will simply pay a cash fare.
    I've always thought a strategically placed bomb at the Siam interchange could cripple the BTS network
    Quote Originally Posted by BenCH View Post
    More surprising is, that this is "In compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Act, B.E. 2542"! Money laundering with BTS Rabbit card? And the act is over 20 years old - and only since this year they ask for ID or Passport. TiT!
    Please try to start the new year without talking complete nonsense. There are many Acts in multiple countries whose reach has been extended over the years, especially since 7-11

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    There are many Acts in multiple countries whose reach has been extended over the years, especially since 7-11
    Dont really see what corner convenience stores have to do with anything but still....... :-P

8. User who gave Like to post:

BenCH (January 1st, 2020)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Dont really see what corner convenience stores have to do with anything but still....... :-P
    I take it you're not an Absolutely Fabulous devotee then

Banned
    Liked

Eddie: "New York will never be the same after Seven-Eleven"
    Saffie: "Huh?"
    Eddie "I meant..Twenty four-Seven"
    Saffie: "MUM! Nine-Eleven!"
    Eddie "I knew that..Nine-Eleven sweetie, I knew that!"

11. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 1st, 2020)

Liked

Great programmes. Couldn't be made today!

13. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 1st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhh right ok, I get it now .......