List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspect now arrested for murder (and rape?) of Swiss national in Phuket.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Suspect now arrested for murder (and rape?) of Swiss national in Phuket.

From the Bangkok post - "Police have arrested a 27-year-old Thai man who has reportedly confessed to the murder of a Swiss tourist, two days after her body was found at a local waterfall. The confession followed an intensive interrogation of the man....Police identified the victim as Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, the deputy protocol chief of the Federal Assembly of Switzerland. She was visiting the island under the “Phuket Sandbox” programme..."

( Why does that last line always give me a cold chill when reading about murder suspects in Thailand confessing after "intensive interrogations" )

Source :
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-phuket-murder

Liked

Re: Suspect now arrested for murder (and rape?) of Swiss national in Phuket.

I hope they got the right guy this time. I remember watching a documentary about those two guys from Mynamar who were accused of the murder of a British tourist on Koh Larm (sp), and the entire thing was absolute bullshit.

I'll see if I can dig that documentary up. The police were absolutely pathetic in that case though.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if there was rape you would think that a bit of forensic DNA type evidence is all it would take...save the intensive interrogation for later...personally when it comes to rapists I prefer the rowan atkinson method of pun ishment when he's the devil and is welcoming rapists to hell...can watch the clip over and over again and still find it hillarious...especially the bit about the french and lawyers

4. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

At least he isn't Burmese. I must applaud the Thai Police for their success in obtaining speedy confessions....come to think of it, are there cases of suspects not confessing speedily?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And this thread is appropriate for the Gay Thailand because ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

good ques...

8. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (August 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh sorry are we only interested if it's gay people being murdered in Thailand now? Personally I'm interested to hear of anything like this thats going on in the Countries I visit, but ok, but hey if you dont agree and dont think it's of interest to you can of course could always just scroll on past I guess ......the original story was posted by someone else in reference to how well the sandbox scheme might work when stories like this were coming out hence the follow up,

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 8th, 2021), Oliver2 (August 9th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I hope they got the right guy this time. I remember watching a documentary about those two guys from Mynamar who were accused of the murder of a British tourist on Koh Larm (sp), and the entire thing was absolute bullshit.

I'll see if I can dig that documentary up. The police were absolutely pathetic in that case though.
    I guess they've addressed your worries:

Given the intense pressure on police to solve the case, online sleuths have been weighing in with speculation that officers would look to grab a scapegoat quickly. Pol Maj Gen Nanthadet Yoinuan, deputy chief of Provincial Police Region 8, said this was not the case, as investigators had obtained firm evidence and the suspect had confessed.

Liked

Thailand ranks #78 on this list of countries with the worst homicide rates.
    Allegedly lower risk destinations include Singapore and Vietnam.
    Higher risk destinations include The Philippines, Mexico, Colombia and the US.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/ind...RC.P5/rankings

Liked

So how did they find THIS MAN whom they said did this...???