Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai Vaccine Program in Shambles

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thai Vaccine Program in Shambles

I'm not a big fan of PattayaOne (or for that fact, any Thai newspaper) but have to say that this article is excellent.

It's not too often that I read something as "honest and open" as this article, with apparently no concerns about retribution for negative comments made about the government, specifically the PM.

Calls for the PM's ouster over the mishandling of the vaccine situation seem to be getting louder, and coming from all levels of Thai society. Only time will tell.

3. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (July 17th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Vaccine fiasco needs investigating:
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/...eds-an-inquiry
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

5. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (July 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I'm not a big fan of PattayaOne (or for that fact, any Thai newspaper) but have to say that this article is excellent.
    perhaps because it is not written by PattayaOne staff writers but is an OpEd piece by a Chulalongkorn University academic "recognised for excellence in opinion writing"

and MFAS did you read either of the links you posted - they are both the same OpEd piece reproduced in the two different newspapers!
    I’m nervous now when people cough near me, I would be much more comfortable if they would far cough.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 18th, 2021), dab69 (July 19th, 2021), Dodger (July 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Vaccine fiasco needs investigating
    The problem in this country is who does the investigating? There are no independent observers. Everyone who should be on an investigating committee has a hand in the mess or is beholden to someone who is!

9. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 21st, 2021), Dodger (July 19th, 2021), Manforallseasons (July 19th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post

The problem in this country is who does the investigating? There are no independent observers. Everyone who should be on an investigating committee has a hand in the mess or is beholden to someone who is!
    Especially when the investigation would lead them to the "Golden Gates" that cannot be opened by mere mortals.