Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya?Chonburi Curfew

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya?Chonburi Curfew

Title the above link perhaps - to avoid others wasting time if it's not so relevant perhaps ( even I got where you're coming from with that giving the thread).
    Tks

Liked

Posts referring to covid conspiracy theories be been moved here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...iracy-theories

A447

3. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (August 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Lockdown has been extended to the end of August.

No real surprise here.

https://pattayaone.news/lockdown-mea...end-of-august/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A video showing the gay beach area at Jomtien (or lack of) and the other side of the beach area too - if you jump along to around 9.15 or so in the video that's the gay beach area. I should point out that there are a ton of videos now appearing on Youtube, some of which showing Pattaya to be looking like something out of a end of days zombie movie but I figured an empty beach is all we could stomach today perhaps - the rest will all appear on all our screens in due course no doubt by the looks of it . :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Another video, but this one not showing things not totally dead for once thankfully - but with the bars closed etc a lot of course all just a shadow of what we know and would expect to see.

This time the guy is waking in the evening time for a change and he covers quite a large area ( including streets I'm guessing those of us who frequent Mosaic etc know all to well).

For those that applies for some of our usual points of interest you can jump straight on to 29.00 for the Soi Day night area or 30.00 to pass Mosaic ( still open albeit the soi is dark) or on to 39.00 for the Soi day night food night market (thankfully still trading) or 45.00 as he walks past Boystown Soi - which it seems was in such darkness he didn't even bother to pan his camera round to look down it :-(

I have to say though Thailand with it's troubles or not just now, if the choice was sitting stuck in the UK doing nothing special or sitting in Thailand I think I'd still be choosing Thailand perhaps ( medical risks aside of course for those who have them) as I still just prefer the overall feeling and vibe of the place - but maybe ask me that in a few months again and I hope i can still say the same.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 5th, 2021), goji (August 5th, 2021)

Liked

The previous video has helpful location guidance at the bottom of the screen.
    From 24~35 min is around the back of Tuk Com, Soi Day Night etc. Best viewed at 2x speed.

Male masseurs can be seen outside one massage shop, which looks like it's open for business.

Other non-essential businesses open include phone shops and (probably) a tattoo shop. This looks much less severe than European style full lockdown.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    This looks much less severe than European style full lockdown.
    Which could of course be half the problem with the Delta variant doing the rounds ! :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Another video, but this one not showing things not totally dead for once thankfully - but with the bars closed etc a lot of course all just a shadow of what we know and would expect to see.
    I was getting tired just listening to that guys footsteps...that dude can sure walk.

After watching this long video I was left with two rather profound thoughts;

1) There's no city on earth that was created for having more fun that Pattaya.
    2) It's only sleeping...with one eye open...just waiting for the signal to start breathing life again.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 5th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 6th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I saw on one of the Pattaya News Clips that the usual population of Pattaya is about 600,000. It said that, at present, the population is down to 200,000, the rest having gone home. That got me thinking.

Pattaya has 4,000,000 tourists a year. Assuming each one stays about 3 weeks that is another 250,000 people.

So actually the usual population is about 600,000 plus 250,000 tourists (850,000) at any one point in time. Many more in the high season....well over 1,000,000 I guess.

So with only 200,000 people in town, no wonder it looks empty.

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 5th, 2021)

Liked

Name that tune.

Through Pattaya's winter streets we used to walk our way.
    We always loved that time of year.
    The boys we loved are all at home now.
    Cos we're not there, cos we're not there.

The summer sun will fade and so will virus time.
    The autumn leaves they will return.
    The boys will bus their way to Pattaya.
    All of us yearn, all of us yearn.

Through Jomtiens bustling sois we'll wander once again.
    The boys will shout to us 'heeeellloo'.
    They will be offed and we will love them.
    Just when I don't know, just when I don't know.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 6th, 2021)