Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya?Chonburi Curfew

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya?Chonburi Curfew

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post

The national press is reporting that more restrictions are coming. I am sitting in my condo here wondering WTF I am going to do if there is a total lockdown.
    How much would a full lockdown really effect you?

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but what more can a full lockdown do - that's not already being done. They could completely close the restaurants I guess, but you could always order in. The bars and entertainment venues are already closed - so no big change there. They may possible close the beaches which may be an inconvenience to you.

How do you think a full lockdown would effect you personally?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    How much would a full lockdown really effect you?

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question, but what more can a full lockdown do - that's not already being done. They could completely close the restaurants I guess, but you could always order in. The bars and entertainment venues are already closed - so no big change there. They may possible close the beaches which may be an inconvenience to you.

How do you think a full lockdown would effect you personally?
    'Full lock-down' has been implemented in a number of cities around the world in the the course of the pandemic and the rules of course vary from city to city. But in broad terms it means you must stay at home and not leave the house without good reason, subject to a few exceptions and concessions. That's not just a night-time curfew; it's stay at home 24/7. The residents of Melbourne are very familiar with this condition and they are currently experiencing a snap 5-day lock-down, announced last Thursday. The 5th time lock-down has been imposed there. The rules are summarised in this article; https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...mic-/100296392. Work from home, shopping for food only once per day, limited outdoor exercise. That's it.

So, in Thailand, if full lock down means something similar, then it doesn't matter if the bars and beaches are open or closed: you must stay at home. As for the possibility of ordering food delivery from restaurants depends on whether they are allowed to continue operation to provide such a service, or indeed if they believe it to be economically viable (Ref the Silom Soi 4 thread). The likes of McD's and kitchens turning out Thai dishes will probably continue to operate in some form, but whether you will be able to order a meatloaf from Yupins remains to be seen. If you aren't capable of rustling up meals from fresh and basic ingredients, you might be living on cold sandwiches and fruit pies from 7/11 for a while.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai View Post
    'Full lock-down' has been implemented in a number of cities around the world in the the course of the pandemic and the rules of course vary from city to city. But in broad terms it means you must stay at home and not leave the house without good reason, subject to a few exceptions and concessions. That's not just a night-time curfew; it's stay at home 24/7. The residents of Melbourne are very familiar with this condition and they are currently experiencing a snap 5-day lock-down, announced last Thursday. The 5th time lock-down has been imposed there. The rules are summarised in this article; https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...mic-/100296392. Work from home, shopping for food only once per day, limited outdoor exercise. That's it.

So, in Thailand, if full lock down means something similar, then it doesn't matter if the bars and beaches are open or closed: you must stay at home. As for the possibility of ordering food delivery from restaurants depends on whether they are allowed to continue operation to provide such a service, or indeed if they believe it to be economically viable (Ref the Silom Soi 4 thread). The likes of McD's and kitchens turning out Thai dishes will probably continue to operate in some form, but whether you will be able to order a meatloaf from Yupins remains to be seen. If you aren't capable of rustling up meals from fresh and basic ingredients, you might be living on cold sandwiches and fruit pies from 7/11 for a while.
    Wow...that's a horse of a different color.

I'm sure glad I don't live in Pattaya.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Speculation serves no one, the Governor of Chonburi will make an announcement Monday July 19 regarding additional Covid restrictions.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Allowing restaurants to deliver food should be a big no-no.

Haven't they learnt any lessons from the past? My friends, who were passengers on the Diamond Princess which was moored in Yokohama for weeks at the start of the pandemic, were just sitting there waiting for the virus to eventually get to them. Luckily, they were able to leave the ship in time.

It was later discovered that the virus spread quickly amongst the passengers through the food delivery to the cabins- the virus was on the trays and food packages.

I fear the delta variant is now out of control in Thailand. With a lack of vaccines and a roll-out fiasco taking place, the future looks dark indeed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

P.S. all numbers are counted rough, source https://www.worldometers.info/corona.../#weekly_table
    Very good comparison.

Some of my friends from different countries are pissing me off to no end. What's this counting off cases and pretending that your country is doing so well. For example: Germany has 8k new cases listed but 135 deads. But they give the Dutch policies (who I agree haven't all been up to par) so much negativity. The Netherlands with almost 70k cases but only 10 death in the last 7 days.

The same goes for the UK, Merkel is telling Johnson that he shouldn't open the country back up tomorrow. The UK has almost 300k cases but only double the deaths of Germany.

Could it be that Germany has a problem? I suggest they close their borders and get their people vaccinated so they can stop whining about other countries cases. The only way we can open is if we accept a higher number of covid cases. We need to start focusing on hospitalizations and deaths. These should really be the only numbers we measure this thing by.

Thailand needs to take what it can get when it comes to vaccines.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Here's the latest scoop on what lockdown restrictions may be imposed in Pattaya beginning Tuesday, July 20:

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/wha...ractice-363963

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Here's the latest scoop on what lockdown restrictions may be imposed in Pattaya beginning Tuesday, July 20:

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/wha...ractice-363963
    Link broken, like the poster...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Lockdown Restrictions Confirmed:

Honestly, with the bars and entertainment venues all closed, I don't imagine too many people even want to go out after 9:00 PM. Where in the hell would they go?

https://pattayaone.news/new-curfew-r...ll-be-imposed/

Forum's veteran
    Liked