Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Katla

Liked

Katla

After finishing the all too short six part Swedish television series, Young Royals, I searched for the latest Netflix recommendation and chose Katla. It's a very stylish and beautifully shot supernatural drama set in the Icelandic town of Vik near the volcano, Katla. I have already watched four of the eight episodes and find them addictive. A synopsis provided by Wikipedia and the official trailer are posted below.

Katla, reminded me of the French supernatural drama television series, Les Revenants (The Returned) the trailer of which is also copied below for those who haven’t already seen it.

Katla.jpg

Katla (TV series)

Katla (stylized as KATLA) is an Icelandic drama television series created and directed by Baltasar Kormákur and Sigurjón Kjartansson, and written by Baltasar Kormákur, Sigurjón Kjartansson, Davíð Már Stefánsson and Lilja Sigurðardóttir. It premiered June 17, 2021 on Netflix.[1]

Premise
    A year after an eruption of the Katla volcano began, only a few people remain in the nearby town of Vík, persisting despite the floods and choking ash. The appearance of a lost, ash-caked woman is the first of a series of strange events that upsets the fragile balance of the community; meanwhile, a volcanologist from Reykjavik tries to make sense of data coming from Katla . . .
    Source: Wikipedia

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Katla

scandanavian stuff is always so weirdly severe....depressing...