Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thai Baht Can’t Escape Covid

Liked

Re: Thai Baht Can’t Escape Covid

Just before the new year I transferred a chunk of money from the UK to Thailand on the assumption that the pound would weaken against the baht because of Brexit becoming official. Instead the pound has moved from 40B to 44B since then because of the Covid situation. That's why I don't play the stock market. Even in a two-horse race (up or down) I have a near-infallible knack of picking the wrong horse.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 3rd, 2021), Dodger (July 3rd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    Just before the new year I transferred a chunk of money from the UK to Thailand on the assumption that the pound would weaken against the baht because of Brexit becoming official. Instead the pound has moved from 40B to 44B since then because of the Covid situation. That's why I don't play the stock market. Even in a two-horse race (up or down) I have a near-infallible knack of picking the wrong horse.
    So you believed all the Remain propaganda, almost none of which has come to pass.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm surprised the Thai Baht hasn't weakened more than it has (to the left of the decimal point - not the right).

2021: No vaccine = covid cases skyrocket = consumer confidence plummets = Thai baht continues to weaken.

I knew there was a silver lining in this mess somewhere.

Now, all I have to do is not get too close to anybody when I go to the bank.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    So you believed all the Remain propaganda, almost none of which has come to pass.
    Au contraire, almost all of which has come to pass, unlike the trade deals that were promised to replace those with the EU. But that's a conversation for another time and thread. The £ was worth 50 Baht before the Brexit vote.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Moggy (July 3rd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Au contraire, almost all of which has come to pass …
    Remembering that my preference is for entertainment over believability (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...267#post280267), I refer you to this article, selected at random from a Google Search (actually a DuckDuckGo Search) "Remainer predictions about Brexit that didn't happen"
    https://economiccollapsenews.com/202...sts-are-wrong/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    Markets usually price in known events, such as Brexit. The big movement was with the surprise referendum result, which was not knowable in advance. Completing the process was knowable.

I distinguish between stock markets and currency trading. Stock markets give ownership in companies which usually make profits that can either be used to fund growth or pay dividends. On average, we can expect some of that profit to return to the shareholder.

Currencies are much more difficult. The only underlying return is a negligible interest rate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Au contraire, almost all of which has come to pass.....
    And don't even start me on the Northern Ireland protocol and how it's already ripping the UK apart legally - not to mention threats of me not getting my usual weekly sausages in Marksies too anymore - the cheek of them !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    And don't even start me on the Northern Ireland protocol and how it's already ripping the UK apart legally - not to mention threats of me not getting my usual weekly sausages in Marksies too anymore - the cheek of them !
    With regard to the sausage problem NIrish-guy, not to worry, Boris Johnson has assured us that “the wurst is behind us.”

And, talking of the Thai Baht exchange rate, I remember a time when it was around 75-70 Baht to the GBP.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

12. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (July 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No no, tis only a mere three month temporary pause in the sausage battle it seems, all merely put in place to stop Ulster men burning buses and generally being of a riotous disposition during the "marching season" once they discovered they could no longer get their sausages with their english sausages with their full Irish breakfasts ( oh the irony :-) !

So alas I fear sausage gate is a battle that may run and run once discussions start up again in 3 months time and we may be in for the long(ganiza) run ! :-)

PS if the EU think Ulster people get a tad het up over things like religion and politics a bit to easily, well, just you start fucking with our irish breakfasts and THEN you'll see just how crazy we can REALLY get ! It's basically one step behind behind banning Guinness - Never Never and NO SURRENDER I say !!! :-) lol

Oh and as for Boris assuring us of ANYTHING - we're LONG past believing ANYTHING that man says as he's sell his granny down the river in a heartbeat if it suited his moment by moment agenda !

14. User who gave Like to post:

Moggy (July 3rd, 2021)