Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Visitors" to your hotel

Liked

Re: "Visitors" to your hotel

I wish I could be as optomistic as you are, goji, especially as I consider myself as a glass half-full type.

But I can't see myself making it to Thailand for at least another 18 months. I've given up even thinking about it.

And who is to say that another variant won't emerge and send us back to the beginning yet again.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (July 15th, 2021), Dodger (July 15th, 2021), Manforallseasons (July 15th, 2021), mr giggles (July 16th, 2021), neddy3 (July 16th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I wish I could be as optomistic as you are, goji, especially as I consider myself as a glass half-full type.

But I can't see myself making it to Thailand for at least another 18 months. I've given up even thinking about it.

And who is to say that another variant won't emerge and send us back to the beginning yet again.
    Isn’t your problem getting out of Australia rather than getting into Thailand?!

Liked

Yes, getting out of Australia is problematic, to say the least. I think we'll have to wait until 2022 or even 2023. A lot depends on when the next election is, as the decision on when to open up is very political.

The longer the virus is circulating the more chance there is of mutations appearing. There are no doubt more on the horizon as Indonesia will be fighting the virus for a very long time due to lack of vaccines and a burgeoning population. I doubt they will ever hit herd immunity.

I have little to no faith in the ability of Thailand to control the spread, either. It could be years before they are able to open up for tourism.

I don't know of my attitude is simply pessimistic; I prefer to think I've just abandoned any wishful thinking - that is now wearing me out - and instead am being realistic.

However, I'm going to watch the UK "experiment" with great interest, as it will point the way to the future, I think.

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 16th, 2021), Doofus (July 16th, 2021), goji (July 16th, 2021), Manforallseasons (July 16th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

[QUOTE=a447;280783] I have little to no faith in the ability of Thailand to control the spread, either. It could be years before they are able to open up for tourism.
    I don't know of my attitude is simply pessimistic; I prefer to think I've just abandoned any wishful thinking - that is now wearing me out - and instead am being realistic.[quote]

As someone on the ground here in Thailand it is clear the response has been a fiasco, and having had an easy time in the beginning it felt little need to buy enough good vaccines for the better part of its 80 million inhabitants, and now that the world is scrambling to secure vaccines Thailand finds itself near the end of the line, I hope there is a slim chance that the country will reopen with restrictions the second quarter of 2022 providing it can get its act together!
    As many long to return consider the huge ongoing economic plight here and what you may be returning to.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 16th, 2021), Armando (July 16th, 2021), Dodger (July 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Manforallseasons;280785]
    Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

As someone on the ground here in Thailand it is clear the response has been a fiasco,.
    Unfortunately the Thais are their own worst enemy.

Not just in their response to this fiasco, but in practically everything.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    If you ride the taxi with boy together, 15 or 20 min should be no problem. If you want the boy from online dating to come to your place, some may balk or ask you to send money for taxi by online banking, and some will keep the money and not show up.
    I won't have online banking but surely sending a Grab is okay? I've ordered an Uber for the same reason in a few places never had any issues.
    Most of the boys seem to expect that you will send a taxi for them, and put them in a taxi to get back. Well at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Strangely, ist indeed the case that in TH-but certainly not as a general rule, 4/5* HTLs tend to be more restrictive re visitors, whereas the cheaper ones hardly ever do.
    That is what I kinda picked up between the lines from previous discussions and from when I googled this subject. Guess it comes down to some of the hotels wanting to "remain classy" and not have any riff-raff girls or boys making their pristine establishment look bad

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    The trick in general is to book a DOUBLE room, do not expect to pay for a single and use it as double!
    Mostly for BKK: many gay places also can offer for a small surcharge the rent of a room on the spot-these tend to be much much less as 5* however. there are also plenty of ''short time '' HTLs-mostly with curtained off parking spots in front. try it once just for the experience. If you hire a guy he will know such places
    Should not be a problem. I often book through sites like agoda.com and on there you can specify if your booking is for 1 or 2 adults. Sometimes the price is the same, sometimes it's higher especially if breakfast is included. And obviously I would want my companion to have a good breakfast before he leaves! Thanks for the tip, at least if I can show I have paid for an occupancy of 2 they would have less reason to give me any hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Under the present and near future conditions here in Thailand there is a certain absurdity to this thread.
    Well I would like to go to Thailand. Have never been. Furthest I got to in that part of the world was Hong Kong. I've been through a lot in the past few years including a major trauma and decided the best thing I could for myself is to go to places around the world I've never been to and that includes Thailand - which for me seems like a good starting point when exploring "Asia". I know I won't be able to visit for some time and when I do things will be different but I still like something to look forward to even if they are 1 or 2 years into the future. Is that so bad?

12. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (July 18th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Captain Swing, I’ve stayed at the Avani Resort & Spa for the last three or four years, the last time being on March 15, 2020. I was never asked to pay a joiner fee. Like many hotels, you simply check your ‘visitor’ in at reception and they hold on to his ID. When he leaves, reception ‘phone your room to establish all is well and, if so, they return the ID to your ‘visitor’.
    Practically what do you do exactly? Walk up to the reception desk and present your boy? Or "I'm Mr Bear in 675 I will have a guest with me tonight" ?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Avani Hotel Pattaya. Used to be the Marriott.
    They also do ASQ if you need it.
    ASQ?
    The Avani does look lovely. Just wish those prices rn on their website will remain, £114 for a junior suite. Oh well.

I also seem to recall someone saying the boys size you up by asking where you are staying and for how long? No I don't want to impress but I find that one amusing. Then again I am in sales and it's normal to ask the customer what their budget is so...guess it's normal to suss out a potential punter. Perhaps I need to tell them I'm staying in a 2 star hotel so they won't expect a massive tip.