Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Visitors" to your hotel

Liked

Re: "Visitors" to your hotel

Mövenpick is miles away on Sukhumvit on the way to Bang Saray.

A motorcycle taxi ride there (or on the back of your offs bike) would leave you too terrified to perform sexually. I suppose you could always have an.ice cream..

Liked

For what it's worth (practically nothing), I considered the Avani on my last trip. several years ago. Their website prominently and sternly claimed that they had a "no joiners" policy. Might be best to check that, along with many other things, before booking. It did look nice, and has a very convenient location.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Swing View Post
    For what it's worth (practically nothing), I considered the Avani on my last trip. several years ago. Their website prominently and sternly claimed that they had a "no joiners" policy. Might be best to check that, along with many other things, before booking. It did look nice, and has a very convenient location.
    Captain Swing, I’ve stayed at the Avani Resort & Spa for the last three or four years, the last time being on March 15, 2020. I was never asked to pay a joiner fee. Like many hotels, you simply check your ‘visitor’ in at reception and they hold on to his ID. When he leaves, reception ‘phone your room to establish all is well and, if so, they return the ID to your ‘visitor’.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Thanks! Though it looks like being some time before I can get to LOS!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Strangely, ist indeed the case that in TH-but certainly not as a general rule, 4/5* HTLs tend to be more restrictive re visitors, whereas the cheaper ones hardly ever do.
    Some chains are more notorious for that as others.
    The trick in general is to book a DOUBLE room, do not expect to pay for a single and use it as double!
    Mostly for BKK: many gay places also can offer for a small surcharge the rent of a room on the spot-these tend to be much much less as 5* however. there are also plenty of ''short time '' HTLs-mostly with curtained off parking spots in front. try it once just for the experience. If you hire a guy he will know such places

Liked

One problem is that people from Cambodia and other countries don’t have a Thai ID to give to a hotel.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    One problem is that people from Cambodia and other countries don’t have a Thai ID to give to a hotel.
    They don't need a Thai ID. An overseas passport or a non-Thai ID card is also accepted.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (July 15th, 2021)

Liked

I found in BKK that 5 star hotels never asked, at least not Meridien, Shangri-la or Dusit Thani. Staff just said good evening!

10. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (July 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Under the present and near future conditions here in Thailand there is a certain absurdity to this thread.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (July 15th, 2021), Dodger (July 15th, 2021), siscu58 (July 19th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Under the present and near future conditions here in Thailand there is a certain absurdity to this thread.
    It depends on one's attitudes to life and time horizon.

One could choose to be as miserable as hell, look at a the next 3 months and assume we're all doomed. If that's what you want ?

Or one could take a more stoical and positive approach to life.
    This too shall pass.
    People have seen far worse. I doubt it's going to be anything like living in Poland in 1939, with freedom not coming for another 50 years.
    I imagine Thailand will be opening up in the next 4~12 months. Even now, contrary to reports, the Phuket sandbox still seems to be operating, although with a few broken promises regarding the terms and conditions.
    So people there would have an opportunity to invite guests to their hotel. Which means the thread has relevance right now.