Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Visitors" to your hotel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked: 1

"Visitors" to your hotel

Hi everyone I have popped by this forum on and off for several years. Thanks to everyone for providing some very useful insights.
    Looks like Asia is where I'll be heading on my next vacation and I have always wondered about hotels in Thailand.
    So far wherever I've stayed around the world I think the hotels have been clueless and haven't even noticed some young guy making his way up to my room or walking back with me through the lobby up to my room. But it sounds like in Bangkok and Pattaya hotels are more clued up. From what I have read some prohibit any visitors to your room, other places the receptionist wants a tip to look the other way.
    I'm asking because it will influence my choice of where to stay in the country.
    Should I maybe get an AirBnB instead? I've done that a few times, got a house or apartment, because there is no reception no one will really notice who you take back with you.

I would want to stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel maybe the Dusit Thani or Mövenpick, something like that. How would that work in anyone's experience, coming back at night with a boy you just offed from a bar? Or some guy you met on an app?

I'm also wondering about proximity. In Prague I recall some of the boys were fed up with their clients living far away, having to take a train etc. They were so happy when they found out I was staying in a nice hotel just up the street. Is that a factor in Bangkok/Pattaya as well, or would the guys be happy with a 15-20 min taxi ride to my place/hotel?

Liked

Re: "Visitors" to your hotel

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    But it sounds like in Bangkok and Pattaya hotels are more clued up. From what I have read some prohibit any visitors to your room, other places the receptionist wants a tip to look the other way.
    I don't know of hotels that prohibit visitors, but some charge a "joiner fee", even if you paid for double occupancy, to bring a local to your room.

I had hundreds of boys to my rooms mostly in Thailand, and some Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Taiwan, Brazil as well, and never had a problem. I stay at places that would be classed as 1 to 3 stars.

If you ride the taxi with boy together, 15 or 20 min should be no problem. If you want the boy from online dating to come to your place, some may balk or ask you to send money for taxi by online banking, and some will keep the money and not show up.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    If you ride the taxi with boy together, 15 or 20 min should be no problem. If you want the boy from online dating to come to your place, some may balk or ask you to send money for taxi by online banking, and some will keep the money and not show up.
    I won't have online banking but surely sending a Grab is okay? I've ordered an Uber for the same reason in a few places never had any issues.
    Most of the boys seem to expect that you will send a taxi for them, and put them in a taxi to get back. Well at least in my experience.

Liked

I won't have online banking but surely sending a Grab is okay? I've ordered an Uber for the same reason in a few places never had any issues.
    Most of the boys seem to expect that you will send a taxi for them, and put them in a taxi to get back. Well at least in my experience.
    Sending a Grab to pick them up would probably work as well, but you should transmit the boy's number to the driver so he can call when he arrives. In some cases I paid for taxi (in Bangkok) after the boy arrived, i.e. the boy took taxi without the money to pay for it. Suggesting to take the bus never went down well.

Liked

1 The majority of hotels in Bangkok or Pattaya have no problem at all with joiners. As Christian says, a minority charge joiners fees, but if you do a little research, you can identify the ones that don't charge.
    (i) Search the gay forums
    (ii) Google girl friendly hotels and look for genuine non-commercialized recommendation lists. Hotels that allow girls in will be the same with boys. In Thailand at least.
    (iii) Read the Terms & Conditions on Booking.com, or whatever website you use & make sure you book for 2 people.

2 If you want to try the gay scene, make it easy and stay close to the gay areas.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (July 11th, 2021), Patanawet (July 11th, 2021)

Liked

Also, there are 4 - 5 star hotels all around Bangkok and Pattaya. The same goes for good Airbnbs. You can usually find what you want within walking distance.

Liked

Hi everyone I have popped by this forum on and off for several years. Thanks to everyone for providing some very useful insights.
    Looks like Asia is where I'll be heading on my next vacation and I have always wondered about hotels in Thailand.
    So far wherever I've stayed around the world I think the hotels have been clueless and haven't even noticed some young guy making his way up to my room or walking back with me through the lobby up to my room. But it sounds like in Bangkok and Pattaya hotels are more clued up. From what I have read some prohibit any visitors to your room, other places the receptionist wants a tip to look the other way.
    I'm asking because it will influence my choice of where to stay in the country.
    Should I maybe get an AirBnB instead? I've done that a few times, got a house or apartment, because there is no reception no one will really notice who you take back with you.

I would want to stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel maybe the Dusit Thani or Mövenpick, something like that. How would that work in anyone's experience, coming back at night with a boy you just offed from a bar? Or some guy you met on an app?

I'm also wondering about proximity. In Prague I recall some of the boys were fed up with their clients living far away, having to take a train etc. They were so happy when they found out I was staying in a nice hotel just up the street. Is that a factor in Bangkok/Pattaya as well, or would the guys be happy with a 15-20 min taxi ride to my place/hotel?

I have been to Bangkok several times as well as Pattaya, Taipei, Hong Kong, Saigon and Cambodia, and I have had no problem getting boys in my room. Sometimes they need to turn in their ID with the front desk, and other times they can just walk up. No problem in that area ever.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A first-timer shouldn't worry about his visitor being asked to surrender his ID; it is common practice, even for gay hotels. And it's for our own protection. The visitors will expect it.

Liked

Good advice in thread, but Dusit Thani (Pattaya) is not a good location. Pick something else.

Liked

Thanks for advice re Dusit Pattaya. I used to stay at the Dusit in Bangkok until it closed. Can you advise on a high end hotel in 'good' location?
    Thanks