Hi everyone I have popped by this forum on and off for several years. Thanks to everyone for providing some very useful insights.
Looks like Asia is where I'll be heading on my next vacation and I have always wondered about hotels in Thailand.
So far wherever I've stayed around the world I think the hotels have been clueless and haven't even noticed some young guy making his way up to my room or walking back with me through the lobby up to my room. But it sounds like in Bangkok and Pattaya hotels are more clued up. From what I have read some prohibit any visitors to your room, other places the receptionist wants a tip to look the other way.
I'm asking because it will influence my choice of where to stay in the country.
Should I maybe get an AirBnB instead? I've done that a few times, got a house or apartment, because there is no reception no one will really notice who you take back with you.

I would want to stay in a 4 or 5 star hotel maybe the Dusit Thani or Mövenpick, something like that. How would that work in anyone's experience, coming back at night with a boy you just offed from a bar? Or some guy you met on an app?

I'm also wondering about proximity. In Prague I recall some of the boys were fed up with their clients living far away, having to take a train etc. They were so happy when they found out I was staying in a nice hotel just up the street. Is that a factor in Bangkok/Pattaya as well, or would the guys be happy with a 15-20 min taxi ride to my place/hotel?