Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greater Bangkok to enter 14-day lockdown

No Platformed
    Liked

Greater Bangkok to enter 14-day lockdown

In an address today, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed a lockdown in Greater Bangkok starting Saturday, to last 14 days first. Leaving home only for necessary travel will be allowed, and people will be asked to not go out from 10pm to 4am.

Travelling outside Greater Bangkok will be restricted. Shopping malls will be closed except for supermarkets and pharmacies. People will be asked to carry out 100% work from home.

I got my first AstraZeneca jab this morning (BNH Hospital).

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Greater Bangkok to enter 14-day lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    In an address today, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed a lockdown in Greater Bangkok starting Saturday, to last 14 days first. Leaving home only for necessary travel will be allowed, and people will be asked to not go out from 10pm to 4am.

Travelling outside Greater Bangkok will be restricted. Shopping malls will be closed except for supermarkets and pharmacies. People will be asked to carry out 100% work from home.

I got my first AstraZeneca jab this morning (BNH Hospital).
    For those expats on this forum seemingly unable to get vaccinated, would you care to share how your vaccination was achieved?

3. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (July 9th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    For those expats on this forum seemingly unable to get vaccinated, would you care to share how your vaccination was achieved?
    1. Get name on list at hospital - registration in person seems the most effective way
    2. Wait for phone call
    As they say, it’s not rocket science. I’ve had friends vaccinated at either Saint Louis or BNH Hospitals. Being in Bangkok might help - we are the centre of the Thai universe after all.

Liked

Well, for those of you in Thailand, time to buckle down for about 4 months. This will blow over and the cases will lower, but not until it washes over the population.

For those outside of Thailand, up to you, but wouldn't expect to be booking any trips until 2022 sometime.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    1. Get name on list at hospital - registration in person seems the most effective way
    2. Wait for phone call
    As they say, it’s not rocket science. I’ve had friends vaccinated at either Saint Louis or BNH Hospitals. Being in Bangkok might help - we are the centre of the Thai universe after all.
    I am staying in Pattaya. Did the hospital ask for proof of residence in Bangkok and how many days between registration and the phone call to attend for the vaccination?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

Brad, several expats in Pattaya have confirmed that farang over age 75 can get free jab of Astrazenica at the Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok. Apparently they will be administering this until July 18. Not sure what happens after that.

Look at Gaybutton site for discussion on this.

Good luck.

Liked

Re. subject of thread:
    The new restrictions will be starting on Monday the 12th -- not tomorrow as erroneously reported earlier.
    They are not as severe as feared.

The full CCSA statement is . https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd...05679064096166
    .A bit dry but the interesting part is at about 13:30.

Liked

No Platformed
    Liked

And for those who despise the hypocrisy of a government posting official announcements on a platform they affect to despise (FakeBook) here’s something to read - https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/eff...ess-necessary/

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Good luck.
    Thank you, but I wasn't enquiring on my own behalf(I was double vaccinated in UK some time ago), but on behalf of those expats, like yourself, who have posted about their difficulties in getting vaccinated.