Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bangkok, registering for Moderna vaccination.

Liked

Bangkok, registering for Moderna vaccination.

Today, I received an email invitation to register and pay in advance for a pair of Moderna vaccinations. End of October - March 2022!

Now, let's see if I can copy and paste correctly this time :

MedPark Hospital is accepting registration for alternative vaccine MODERNA (mRNA Technology) for 3,300 THB (2 doses), available for anyone aged 18 and above.

Details, registration, and payment available here: https://medpark.hospital/Moderna

The expected arrival date of the vaccine is approximately at end of October 2021 - 31 March 2022, as allocated by GPO.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bangkok, registering for Moderna vaccination.

Thanks Patanawet.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (July 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Below is a cut n' paste of comments I made on MFAS's post related to the same topic:

If any Thai hospital had a contract with Moderna, then shipment dates (release dates) from the U.S. to Thailand would have been negotiated and embedded in the contract as well. Asking people for payment before a contract and the release dates have been established, places all of the risk on the consumer. Yes, they would be bound to providing a refund if the vaccine was unavailable, but that could be 9 months from now (end of March 2022) which is too long to be left standing on a limb in my opinion.

This may be the only option for expats who can't return home to get the vaccine if necessary, which is understandable, but I have that option and will use it unless a hospital over here can schedule an appointment for me to receive it during the fourth quarter at the latest.

The Thai PM has been telling the media that the government has made arrangements with both Moderna and Pfizer for the procurement of large quantities of vaccine, although, private sources are reporting that Moderna and Pfizer claim that they have no such agreements with Thailand at this time. What's wrong with this picture?

As an add-on: Guam is now offering vacation packages for expats which includes 2 does of Moderna during their stay. Hotel prices range between U.S. $150 - $350/ngt, There are one-stop flights from Bangkok Suvaranhumi to Guam and some itineraries offer 11-1/2 hour flights. I've been kicking this around lately, but still need to do a bit more research. You can google this @ Guam Vaccine Vacations

5. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (July 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I don't know why anyone would choose to wait this long for this vaccine.

Lots of reports online of expats over 60 and/or with underlying health conditions, don't we all, getting vaccinated free in Bangkok via the Thailand Intervac site.

Unfortunately if you haven't registered yet there may be a delay, as they currently state: "As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience".

Still I would expect that you would be vaccinated sooner than the medpark projected timeline, so I would keep checking the website.

No Platformed
    Liked

Maybe it’s a Pattaya thing. I have friends who have a July appointment for vaccination with a non-Chinese vaccine. As I recall someone from Pattaya has already posted about their Bangkok friend along those lines.