Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That first time

Liked

Re: That first time

Great stories guys. It's very interesting to see the dates with the stories.

I did some hard thinking about my first time in Thailand but I cannot remember. The thing is, before I came to Thailand I was already a Nomad. I had lived in Eastern European countries and Mexico before Thailand. I must have arrived in Thailand around 2004. I remember very clearly the ride from the airport and the taxi driver asking me for an extra 100 Baht because he had to drive an extra block. "No problem," I told him, I couldn't get over the fact of how cheap that ride was.

The hotel I stayed at was near the Malasia Hotel. It was at the end of Soi Ngam Duphli, on the right side just before Rama 4. On the gay websites at that time, you could find a lot of referrals to Jimmy. Book through Jimmy and you will get a discount. I stayed there a couple of nights and had a few boys over from the soi, but I can't remember those experiences at all. It was nothing special and that goes for DJ station too, where I went a few times those first few days. I was spoiled by Mexico city with bars/clubs that opened in the afternoon and where boys would just come over to ask you for a dance or even a kiss with no money ever changing hands.

Where Thailand really got me, besides the food and a lot of other cultural aspects were the Go-go bars in Pattaya. I had no idea when I arrived there after spending some time in Bangkok. The first night in Sunnee plaza took me through many emotions. Most were positive (not all) and after visiting every gogo bar in Sunnee, I took a boy off and remember thinking that this part of life couldn't get any better. Just the fact that there were hundreds of boys within a few hundred meters and I could just pick out the cutest, no questions asked, other than the off fee.

This sentiment didn't last long though. I missed the hunt. I missed the uncertainty of what a night would bring. Standing in a bar, looking, flirting and eventually picking up someone. A gogo bar was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ten years later, I was kicking myself for not having taken advantage of the opportunities given in (for me) those early years. Just like many of you, I have been reminiscing a lot about days passed in Thailand. I refuse to let my best experiences be in the past. They will never be the same as before, but different can be good too. It is out there, I have experienced it and in the coming years, I'm going to experience the best future memories. The world is a big place!

I know I digressed.

2. 12 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 9th, 2021), christianpfc (July 9th, 2021), Dodger (July 9th, 2021), goji (July 9th, 2021), Jellybean (July 9th, 2021), ktq (August 21st, 2023), Lotusleaf (July 9th, 2021), Nirish guy (July 9th, 2021), Oliver2 (July 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 9th, 2021), snotface (July 9th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    . . .The hotel I stayed at was near the Malaysia Hotel. It was at the end of Soi Ngam Duphli, on the right side just before Rama 4. On the gay websites at that time, you could find a lot of referrals to Jimmy. Book through Jimmy and you will get a discount . . .
    That would be the Pinnacle Hotel, vnman. I stayed at the Pinnacle on many occasions when I travelled up from Hua Hin to spend a few days and nights in Bangkok. I also booked my room through Jimmy First. He was quite a character.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

4. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (July 9th, 2021)

Liked

vnman wrote:

I refuse to let my best experiences be in the past.
    My sentiments exactly!

My parents used to always tell me to make sure tomorrow is better than today. So I prefer to look forwards, believing as you do that the best is yet to come.

Problem is, at my age I'm running out of time! Lol

6. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Dboy (July 12th, 2021), Dodger (July 9th, 2021), ktq (August 21st, 2023), Oliver2 (July 9th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 10th, 2021), vnman (July 9th, 2021)