Re: Discussion of blindness

Isaiah 53:6

Anyone can play that game.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Isaiah 53:6 Anyone can play that game.
    Extraordinarily, Q is openly admitting that he’s treating his fellow conspiracy theorists as sheep who he’s leading astray. Dearie me
    https://youtu.be/9cJPnmpojiQ

Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    On the internet, everyone can be anything they want, be it cndmatt or kkjason or his father. I would not believe what people post in writing or pictures.
    Most of us on a board like this use our common sense to decide, over time, which posters we find believable and which not. I can't see why any of us would bother to stay here at all if we didn't believe anything people say, as you say is the case with you. In the case of kkjason, he has always seemed like an ordinary guy to me with no particular axe to grind. His post about Matt that I quoted comes over as completely convincing to me. But I can quite see why posters with a strong dislike of Matt (of whom you are, I believe, one) might prefer to ignore it. Me, if I thought there was only a slim chance that kkjason is right, I wouldn't want to persist with the repugnant practice of baiting a possibly blind person.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 3rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 4th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    Most of us on a board like this use our common sense to decide, over time, which posters we find believable and which not. I can't see why any of us would bother to stay here at all if we didn't believe anything people say, as you say is the case with you.
    I’ve never used “believable” as a criterion. “Entertaining” is definitely something I value however.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Most of us on a board like this use our common sense to decide, over time, which posters we find believable and which not. I can't see why any of us would bother to stay here at all if we didn't believe anything people say, as you say is the case with you. In the case of kkjason, he has always seemed like an ordinary guy to me with no particular axe to grind. His post about Matt that I quoted comes over as completely convincing to me. But I can quite see why posters with a strong dislike of Matt (of whom you are, I believe, one) might prefer to ignore it. Me, if I thought there was only a slim chance that kkjason is right, I wouldn't want to persist with the repugnant practice of baiting a possibly blind person.
    "It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled".

Mark Twain

Liked

heh, the delusionment some of you guys have put yourselves into is absolutely bewildering to me. Is this an old age thing, or what the hell?

Really, some of you have yourselves so worked up and deep into the mindset I can't possibly be blind that I could probably meet you in person, spend the afternoon with you, and that night you'd post on SGT, "yeah, Matt pretended to be blind, but I could tell he was just faking it, what a loser". That's how far off the deep end some of you seem to be.

I remember one night I got pissed off, and even posted a photo of myself and Leo sitting at our favorite Italian restaurant in Khon kaen. A good portion of my job is online security, so I never use my real name, birth date, never post photos of myself, et al. I'm pretty careful, so me posting a photo of myself was a thing for me.

The response I get though? Sure enough, a447 pipes up with, "see, proof positive Matt is a liar, because Matt said he doesn't look blind whereas that guy in the photo is obviously blind". heh, you know... I really don't even know what to do with that, but a good example of how deeply mentally entrenched some of you are.

I still have no idea what any of you think I have to gain by pretending to be blind, but whatever.... if you want to get yourself all worked up into a frenzy as to whether or not I'm blind, that's on you, not me. I have bitcoin to make.

However, when folks like Dodger say shit like, "why would a blind person care about quarantine?" or "you will be fumblind around like Mr. Mcgoo"... regardless if you think I'm blind or not, that type of thing is bullshit, and needs to be called out. It's 2021, not 1970.

9. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 3rd, 2021), catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021), mr giggles (July 4th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 4th, 2021), snotface (July 3rd, 2021), StevieWonders (July 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    "It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled".
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you now saying that you no longer believe what kkjason wrote and are retracting your apology to Matt? It wasn't the most gracious apology of all time but at least I respected you for making it. Has christian's airy-fairy post about nobody being believable on the internet changed your mind? You seem sometimes to change your mind with the slightest fluctuation of wind direction. Hard to keep up with.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you now saying that you no longer believe what kkjason wrote and are retracting your apology to Matt? It wasn't the most gracious apology of all time but at least I respected you for making it. Has christian's airy-fairy post about nobody being believable on the internet changed your mind? You seem sometimes to change your mind with the slightest fluctuation of wind direction. Hard to keep up with.
    snotface:

I was on a 2 year sabbatical from Sawatdee when this topic first surfaced, which resulted in many pages of discussion among members regarding matt's truthfulness, specifically as it related to his "blind" story. I have to be honest with you, I read that entire discussion last night and laughed my ass off through the entire thing. Apparently the photo that matt provided of himself to prove he was blind appeared to be "photoshopped", and in the words of one member, made him look like an alpaca. Sorry, but that's just too funny.

I've received numerous PM's from members in the past 24 hours offering additional insight, including a very thoughtful and well-worded message from kkjason which I received this morning. The information they all provided will remain confidential.

It's not my job to convince you or anyone else to believe or not believe what matt tells you. You'll have to figure that out for yourselves. But, as far as I'm concerned he has some deep-rooted problems to unscramble for himself. And, as far as matt being blind goes, I believe he's only blind to his own blindness, and needs to get honest with himself. When and if he's able to do that, I think he'll see as good as the rest of us.

One final point: Having a visual impairment and being blind are two totally different matters. I'm visually impaired and have to wear reading glasses to correct my vision. If I was blind I certainly wouldn't be spending all day on a computer, or planning another trip to romp around a third-world country. If matt does have a visual impairment (and I believe he does), then I feel sorry for him, but that's a lot different than telling people he's "Blind".

Up to you!

Liked

Most of us on a board like this use our common sense to decide, over time, which posters we find believable and which not. I can't see why any of us would bother to stay here at all if we didn't believe anything people say
    The board has a mix of contributors.
    If we put the clones, hydras and members with fake or inconsistent life stories on IGNORE, we are then left with the ones who write something worth reading.

This only works if we're fairly ruthless in using the ignore feature & adding to the list. After all, after ignoring some of the Frequent clones, more clone profiles are dusted off will engage in silly arguments with any member willing to go along with the charade. As we have seen recently. That is immediately fixed by adding the new profiles to the ignore list.

[Anyone who doesn't like this may put me on their ignore list. Also, feel free to disagree below, so I can consider adding to the ignore list]

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 3rd, 2021), StevieWonders (July 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Dodger, you say you have received 'a very thoughtful and well-worded message from kkjason' which naturally intrigues me since he is the only board member, as far as I know, to have known Matt and he clearly states in the post I quoted that Matt 'lost his vision.' Fine if you don't want to publish it but that only leaves me room to speculate. If he is now saying that Matt only lost most of his vision, that ties in with what Matt has said himself (if I recall rightly) that he can still make out approximate shapes but no detail. If so, that's quite bad enough to make cheap jibes implying that he is making the whole thing up right out of order in my opinion.

15. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (July 3rd, 2021)