Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of blindness

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If we put the clones, hydras and members with fake or inconsistent life stories on IGNORE, we are then left with .........]
    About 10 actual members perhaps ??

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 4th, 2021), goji (July 3rd, 2021), StevieWonders (July 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    ...Also, feel free to disagree below, so I can consider adding to the ignore list]
    This is the kind of comment by you, part self-important, part threatening, that leads me to conclude that you are a complete and utter control freak with no tolerance for opposing views at all, who would have done better to stay on the other board you use, where the owner is much more in sympathy with your views. On this board you will end up with a sea of 'ignores' in your view with the occasional 'acceptable' fish bobbing about. The other thing I would say is that I don't understand why you (and Dodger too) are so keen to tell us at tediously frequent intervals which posters are on your ignore list - as if many of us care. I only recall once putting someone on ignore in many years of posting, and that only briefly, and the last thing I would have thought of doing was to publicise the fact. That's like letting the other person know he has got under your skin and rattled you and now you're waving the white flag. No doubt you will argue that you are only drawing attention to a hydra, impostor or whatever, but since Moses has already said he will not act without proof it's a futile exercise.

4. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (July 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    but since Moses has already said he will not act without proof it's a futile exercise.
    Not forgetting of course that as members don't have access to the same super duper Nasa super computer that the board / Moses uses, which may well show such up things ( well unless someone choses to by pass that super duper system using VPN's etc of course) then THAT can never happen of course anyway.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dodger, you say you have received 'a very thoughtful and well-worded message from kkjason' which naturally intrigues me since he is the only board member, as far as I know, to have known Matt and he clearly states in the post I quoted that Matt 'lost his vision.' Fine if you don't want to publish it but that only leaves me room to speculate. If he is now saying that Matt only lost most of his vision, that ties in with what Matt has said himself (if I recall rightly) that he can still make out approximate shapes but no detail. If so, that's quite bad enough to make cheap jibes implying that he is making the whole thing up right out of order in my opinion.
    Whatever you're comfortable believing is what you should continue believing. No one is telling you to change your mind.

Liked

Moses has already said he will not act without proof it's a futile exercise.
    I understand Moses's statement on the matter perfectly.

He's not going to act without proof, which no one will ever get and we are advised to use the ignore feature instead.

So I've stopped asking for action by Moses some time ago.
    I'm also following his recommendation by using the ignore list and reminding others of this fine facility. Even added one more to it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    About 10 actual members perhaps ??
    Sounds about right.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 4th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Whatever you're comfortable believing is what you should continue believing. No one is telling you to change your mind.

Then can you please put me on ignore, and [Deleted text] out of my life? If you want to have a complex over me, then that's on you, not me. I really don't care. If I could stop being blind, trust me, I would be more than happy to do that.

I have no idea who KKJason even is, but he pegged the location of where I lived correctly, so he obviously knew me. That's no real surprise, because I knew loads of people in Khon Kaen, and I know even more people knew me. That's one of the things I enjoyed about living there. Whether you like it or not, you're part of the community, and everyone is going to know about you. I much prefer that over the isolationist nature of Western society.

Whether you like me or not, I'm not going to stop posting here, because it's not like I can just go down to the local pub and talk about fucking the Pizza Hut delivery boy in Kohn Kaen. That conversation tends not to go over well.

So please put me on ignore, and [Deleted text] out of my life. I don't put anyone on ignore, because I'm not so shallow as to block out view points I don't like. However, this complex some of you have over me and whether or not I'm blind has to stop, as it's not mentally healthy behaviour. Please just ignore me, and [Deleted text]..

Some text was deleted under rule 2.3.

Jellybean
    Last edited by Jellybean; July 4th, 2021 at 03:32.

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (July 4th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Fine if you don't want to publish it but that only leaves me room to speculate.
    This is "Life". There's always room to speculate.

Word of advice: If common sense can't take you there - then don't go there.

Snotface, you've already voiced your opinion regarding this topic (matt, and his blind stories) which no one has a right to criticize. I'm certainly not. On-the-other-hand, I think it's time for you to acknowledge that other people have same level of freedom of choice that you have. That door swings both ways.

We're all faced with a broad range of characters on public forums like this and ultimately have to decide which people we feel comfortable holding discussions with, and which people we don't. This just comes with the territory and something I'm quite confident you understand. I personally don't like Trolls (or people who use multiple handles), because they only do this for one reason - and that's to create confrontations and draw negative attention to themselves which they feed on. I have no use for idiots like this...never have. This is my opinion and my prerogative.

Regarding members using the "Ignore" function: This is a tool that the Board Owner provides to all members to allow them to block comments coming from someone they prefer not listening to. No one here has the right to criticize any member for using this function. I have, for the first time in 20 years of posting, decided to use this function to avoid seeing the comments from one particular member who, in my opinion, is a troll who uses multiple handles. I have never once made an attempt to convince others to do the same, nor will I. Again, this is my prerogative.

Personally, I'd much rather be talking about BOYS...SEX...ADVENTURE, and maybe some advice on where to buy some good pancake mix over here, than all this trivial nonsense.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 5th, 2021), goji (July 4th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Discussion of blindness

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    Personally, I'd much rather be talking about BOYS...SEX...ADVENTURE, and maybe some advice on where to buy some good pancake mix over here, than all this trivial nonsense.
    Yet he does, over and over and over and over. “Like a dog, returning to his vomit … “

15. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Yet he does, over and over and over and over. “Like a dog, returning to his vomit … “
    Exactly. It's the equivalent of some little arsonist who runs around starting fires everywhere, then has the audacity to complain the air is too smokey for his liking.

I mean, for fuck sakes...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or you could just put him on IGNORE I guess if he's bothering you so much so that you no longer have to read his posts which seem to annoy you so much ? Apparently that's what the ignore button is for we're told.