Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of blindness

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Discussion of blindness

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

I'd be moving to Asia, so the quarantine restrictions don't really matter to me.
    Why would a blind person be concerned with quarantines to begin with?

Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Why would a blind person be concerned with quarantines to begin with?
    I'm sorry, but that pissed me off. What kind of utterly retarded, moronic, asinine synapses fired off in that grey matter of yours to come up with that comment?

What a simple minded deleted
    Last edited by a447; June 30th, 2021 at 22:14.

3. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (July 1st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm sorry, but that pissed me off.
    There's no need to apologize.

How do you feel about "Quarantines" which is the topic of this thread?

Facts:

Canadian national enters Thailand and works without a work permit for +5 years with full knowledge that this was against Thai law. He then evades Immigration for +5 years with an expired visa and attempts to get Immigration to believe his fables when he's finally captured. Immigration doesn't buy his stories, nor do the courts. After his release from incarceration, the courts order him deported from Thailand and blacklisted from returning for 5 years.

After returning to Canada, he starts telling people who he doesn't have any physical contact with, that he's blind. The reason for this can only be attributed to some form of psychotic episode.

Several years pass and now he wants to return to Thailand (or Laos) to return to his life as a "cyber-pauper", only finds himself trapped in his own lies (again). He'd prefer if no one mentioned his story about being blind again so it can be forgotten. Otherwise, he has to invest in a trained Labrador Retriever when he really doesn't need one, and practice stumbling around like Mr. Magoo for the rest of his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsde48yRgNU

Liked

Your dementia is kicking in again, because about 70% of that is incorrect.
    Must be nice to live in a reality where you can come to conclusions by just conjuring up facts in your head.

Nonetheless, thanks for showing everyone what your bullshit pre-conceived notions of blind folks are like, proving you're a real deleted
    Last edited by a447; July 1st, 2021 at 10:00.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (July 1st, 2021), snotface (July 1st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Dodgems’ post is almost a fact-free zone:
    1. Matt posted several times that he became technically blind while living in Khon Kaen
    2. Matt attempted to enter Laos via land and was refused admission because on departure the Thai border authorities had stamped his passport with a multi-year entry prohibition order
    3. on presenting himself back at the Thai border (his only option) he was arrested and taken to the Immigration prison in Bangkok from where he was deported to Canada
    Had the Lao immigration officials given him entry he would not have been deported from Thailand. Lack of a work permit is irrelevant as he was never apprehended on that basis.

Dodgems himself is pretty much a fact-free zone except when it comes to knowledge of Pattaya’s male prostitutes where he could win Mastermind.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (July 1st, 2021), snotface (July 1st, 2021)

Liked

For me, once everything gets sorted out (mostly the need to prepay PCR-tests and transfers to the hotel, I'd seriously consider the Phuket sandbox. The ideas behind it are sound.

Of course, with Covid out of control in Bangkok, they could just allow all vaccinated foreigners in with just a PCR-test. It wouldn't make a difference anymore, most foreigners are lower risk than Bangkokians.

My biggest is fear is I'd be going from a continent where enough people are vaccinated that we can finally drop our masks, go to concerts etc., to a place where the simple pleasure of getting some fresh air is illegal. A lot of the Covid measures outdoors are virtue signalling more than anything else.

Oh, and who cares if cdnmatt is really blind? Either he is, then I admire how he deals with it all seemingly without excessive effort (more details please, I'm interested how). Or he isn't, then it spices things up a bit, no harm done.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 1st, 2021), christianpfc (July 1st, 2021), StevieWonders (July 1st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    He'd prefer if no one mentioned his story about being blind again so it can be forgotten. Otherwise, he has to invest in a trained Labrador Retriever when he really doesn't need one, and practice stumbling around like Mr. Magoo for the rest of his life.
    A very callous post and comment. I'm no defender of the way Matt took liberties with immigration rules while in Thailand, but I have long accepted that he went blind after a fall at his home in Khon Kaen. He had confirmation of the fact from an American resident of Khon Kaen (who recently returned on the Elite Card scheme with his father and whose name escapes me) and he even posted a photo of himself here with his Lao boyfriend which clearly looked like a blind person to me. I am actually full of admiration for the way he has come to terms with his handicap and retained a sense of humour.

I would add that you are not the only poster here who tries to perpetuate the story that Matt is not really blind. You should all have a few heartfelt words with yourselves as to what you are about.

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 1st, 2021), mr giggles (July 1st, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 2nd, 2021), StevieWonders (July 1st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...... thanks for showing everyone what your bullshit pre-conceived notions of blind folks are like,
    Who said anything about blind folks?

14. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 1st, 2021)

Liked

The poster whose name I couldn't remember is kkjason. I believe Dodger chatted with him on this board about his return to Thailand with his father a while ago. Below is what he wrote about Matt in a post of March 26 2018, when scepticism about Matt's blindness was in full swing:

Look - the guy lives - or lived I guess now - right behind the major 9 story temple in town. It is on the town lake where most people go to walk and exercise at night, and have a few drinks. Matt has been living there for years. Many of us have had drinks with him - yes - in person! Admittedly, he is a bit of his own fellow and not my cup of tea, but we all (here in KK) know him. He is a regular poster on our city forum, and many residents have helped him out personally since he lost his vision. What else do you need to know? Again - you all have spent much of your time the past year bashing the guy - perhaps you have nothing better to do? What is your 'evidence' that he does not exist? That sounds like stuff of science fiction since you would have to laser him and eliminate his soul to make that claim. The guy lives and breathes - why can't you all just accept that and move on? I rarely even post when he is involved because it is the stuff of soap operas, yet here you all are now creating 19 pages on this one topic alone. Can you give it a rest already?

16. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 1st, 2021), catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021), cdnmatt (July 1st, 2021), mr giggles (July 1st, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Thanks SnotFace, appreciate it.