Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Under which Quarantine conditions would you be prepared to holiday in Thailand?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 Days hotel or area quarantine

3 8.11%
  • 7 Days hotel or area quarantine

10 27.03%
  • I will only travel if there is no requirement to quarantine

19 51.35%
  • I have no plans to travel to Thailand

5 13.51%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Cases have jumped in holland too, this last week. 300.000 mostly young people were tested over the weekend, and that's where the big spike is coming from. What's important is that hospitalization is still going down and deaths too. When vaccinated people get infected but not seriously ill, I would say "mission accomplished." Hoping for more is just dreaming.
    Not sure what this has to do with Thailand? Thailand has a very small amount of people vaccinated and hospitals in the areas hard hit are full, actually two in Bangkok are refusing any new patients.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with Thailand? Thailand has a very small amount of people vaccinated and hospitals in the areas hard hit are full, actually two in Bangkok are refusing any new patients.
    The more knowledge we have about the virus, the better prepared and informed we can be. For example, as I stated previously, more than likely Thailand is about to descend into a Inda type of chaos, and there's pretty much no way around that at this point. That's why I'm a little perplexed when folks like Dodger have made the decision to just wait it out, and see what happens. Well, we already know what's going to happen, and again, we have 20 months of data to back this up.

If I was in his shoes, I'd be same like fancois. My red flags would have been raised a while ago, and I'd have my flights booked to get myself vaccinated.

We have 20 months of data now, we know this.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

If I was in his shoes, I'd be same like fancois. My red flags would have been raised a while ago, and I'd have my flights booked to get myself vaccinated.

Surely it’s not that simple?

If I had been living in Thailand for decades I’m sure I would not have anywhere I could return home to for several months while I wait for the second jab. It would mean siting it out in a motel or hotel for a long time and very costly.

You would need some very accommodating friends to avoid that.

There’s also the question of quarantine possibly at both ends. Another enormous expense, for those who have homes in Thailand.

Finally there’s the real possibility that Thailand could shut its borders again and you could be stranded far from your Thai home with a chance of becoming destitute.

Finally, how many expats have actually caught Covid in Thailand?i

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 6th, 2021), goji (July 6th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Did you see that I was responding to a post?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Did you see that I was responding to a post?
    My apologies.

8. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (July 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Here's a good example. Israel, a poster boy example of an excellent avvination rollout, is now having issues with variants. Cases have recently jumped by 50%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz4uYqVxQss
    This may be related to the fact that Israel has been predominately vaccinating with the Pfizer vaccine, which is now seeming to be less effective against the Delta variant than previously thought, but still better than Sinovac.

FT STATES:
    Efficacy of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine against infection with the Delta variant of coronavirus is lower than initially thought, a study has revealed.

Data collected over the past month suggest the vaccine is 64 per cent effective at halting infection among those who are fully inoculated, down from a previous estimate of 94 per cent, Israel’s health ministry has found.
    https://on.ft.com/3r25pcd

10. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (July 7th, 2021)

Liked

It won’t be for you to decide under what conditions you would return, regardless of what the government says sandbox or sandcastle the handling of vaccine procurement and distribution is appalling. My MD has no confidence in Sinovac of which all hospital staffs by now have gotten at least one dose, he said most well to do Thais are going to Europe or the U.S. for a vaccine. The P.M. went to see the opening of the Phuket sandbox and spoke to a businessman that was later Covid positive and now even though the P.M.who would not take Sinovac and insisted on Astra Zeneca now is in self isolation. The vaccine situation is an utter disaster frankly, I don’t think much will change till hopefully the second quarter of 2022 and it surely won’t be business as usual.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 7th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Manforallseasons;280440

......My MD has no confidence in Sinovac of which all hospital staffs by now have gotten at least one dose, he said most well to do Thais are going to Europe or the U.S. for a vaccine. /QUOTE]

According to my better half, none of his Thai friends or family members want any part of Sinovac for the reasons you mentioned.

He feels he's young enough to be able to recover from covid if he had to - without concerns about any side effects from a vaccine which is gaining a reputation for being "cheap Chinese garbage". I couldn't agree with him more.

The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace.

14. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (July 8th, 2021), dab69 (July 8th, 2021), goji (July 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 7th, 2021)

Liked

"The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace."

It's entirely predictable as I did in fact, predict. This is a society where every decision made by any official has 'what's in it for me?' attached. This isn't like that, demand far outstrips supply so if there are any backhanders going then they're going the other way. This is far beyond the experience of almost any Thai in government.

The general probably couldn't get his head round the idea that he could spend billions on vaccines and not get his share of the cash.

16. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 9th, 2021), Dodger (July 9th, 2021), goji (July 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 10th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace."

It's entirely predictable as I did in fact, predict. This is a society where every decision made by any official has 'what's in it for me?' attached. This isn't like that, demand far outstrips supply so if there are any backhanders going then they're going the other way. This is far beyond the experience of almost any Thai in government.

The general probably couldn't get his head round the idea that he could spend billions on vaccines and not get his share of the cash.
    Exactly. This probably explains why they have bought a Chinese vaccine, with suspect efficacy, since the vendors know how to incentivize the purchasing authority. Meanwhile there has been reluctance to buy vaccines from countries where bribery is illegal.

18. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 10th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 10th, 2021)