Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Under which Quarantine conditions would you be prepared to holiday in Thailand?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 Days hotel or area quarantine

3 8.11%
  • 7 Days hotel or area quarantine

10 27.03%
  • I will only travel if there is no requirement to quarantine

19 51.35%
  • I have no plans to travel to Thailand

5 13.51%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Liked

Re: Poll: Under which Quarantine conditions would you holiday in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

Finally, how many expats have actually caught Covid in Thailand?i
    I know one expat down the hall from my condo unit in Pattaya that did get Covid. Apparently he traveled around a bit in Thailand.I believe he recovered and returned although I never saw him either before or after this episode.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=Manforallseasons;280440

......My MD has no confidence in Sinovac of which all hospital staffs by now have gotten at least one dose, he said most well to do Thais are going to Europe or the U.S. for a vaccine. /QUOTE]

According to my better half, none of his Thai friends or family members want any part of Sinovac for the reasons you mentioned.

He feels he's young enough to be able to recover from covid if he had to - without concerns about any side effects from a vaccine which is gaining a reputation for being "cheap Chinese garbage". I couldn't agree with him more.

The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (July 8th, 2021), dab69 (July 8th, 2021), goji (July 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 7th, 2021)

Liked

"The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace."

It's entirely predictable as I did in fact, predict. This is a society where every decision made by any official has 'what's in it for me?' attached. This isn't like that, demand far outstrips supply so if there are any backhanders going then they're going the other way. This is far beyond the experience of almost any Thai in government.

The general probably couldn't get his head round the idea that he could spend billions on vaccines and not get his share of the cash.

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 9th, 2021), Dodger (July 9th, 2021), goji (July 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 10th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 10th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "The way Thailand is handling the vaccine procurement and distribution is beyond appalling...it's a disgrace."

It's entirely predictable as I did in fact, predict. This is a society where every decision made by any official has 'what's in it for me?' attached. This isn't like that, demand far outstrips supply so if there are any backhanders going then they're going the other way. This is far beyond the experience of almost any Thai in government.

The general probably couldn't get his head round the idea that he could spend billions on vaccines and not get his share of the cash.
    Exactly. This probably explains why they have bought a Chinese vaccine, with suspect efficacy, since the vendors know how to incentivize the purchasing authority. Meanwhile there has been reluctance to buy vaccines from countries where bribery is illegal.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 10th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 10th, 2021)

Liked

This thread is a long way off topic.

Maybe the obnoxious hydras, trolls and grammar N@zis may have been at work, but I have no intention of checking. Perhaps the off topic material could be transferred to a sandbox ?

Back on topic, I expect out of the people who might holiday in Thailand, most of them would want Quarantine conditions which are predictable.
    Not like the kind of shambles in Phuket, where people who share a plane with one person who fails a PCR test are sent to a quarantine hotel for 2 weeks, at their own expense.

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 11th, 2021), vnman (July 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Back on topic, I expect out of the people who might holiday in Thailand, most of them would want Quarantine conditions which are predictable.
    Not like the kind of shambles in Phuket, where people who share a plane with one person who fails a PCR test are sent to a quarantine hotel for 2 weeks, at their own expense.
    That's crazy indeed. If I remember correctly, Christian could have had the same problem in Cambodia.

Another reason NOT to go.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=goji;280637

...... I expect out of the people who might holiday in Thailand, most of them would want Quarantine conditions which are predictable.[/QUOTE]

It's impossible to predict what's going to happen from one day to the next right now.

Planning holidays in the middle of this mess with predictable quarantines is like rolling the dice. Maybe you win. Maybe you lose. No one on earth can change those odds right now.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (July 11th, 2021)

Liked

goji wrote:

This thread is a long way off topic.
    I agree. Some posts unrelated to this thread have been moved here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ay-in-Thailand

A447

14. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It's impossible to predict what's going to happen from one day to the next right now.
    #1 Whatever scheme Thailand introduces for tourists, it is clearly sensible to observe it in action for at least a couple of weeks before joining in. Let some other people be the guinea pigs & find out if people can be randomly incarcerated after 1 other person on the plane fails a PCR test. Or some other form of random & illogical discrimination against tourists.

#2 Unless someone has a serious reason to return to Thailand (e.g. home or family), it makes no sense to go there right now an uncontrolled rise in cases. After all, that could end up with a full lockdown, so not much of a holiday.

Now give it 5~6 months and even Thailand might have vaccinated the majority of the population and be past the current upward trend in cases.

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Blueskytoday (July 11th, 2021), christianpfc (July 12th, 2021), Dodger (July 12th, 2021), gerefan2 (July 12th, 2021)