Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Clarkson's Farm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Clarkson's Farm

Dont worry weirdly its been such a smash hit on Prime that Season two is already well underway in the planning apparently.

So, ironically for a show that was based around just how hard it is to farm and make a living, Jeremy it seems, unlike many REAL farmers out there, no longer needs to concern himself with "actually" turning a profit ( not that he ever did anyway of course) as his commissioning cheque from Amazon will MORE than cover any (for TV) losses he makes I'm guessing.

It's actually the one part of the show where I wish they would keep it even half real in terms of any TRUE profit and loss results as to his efforts as obviously his end of year £140 "profit" could be and was no doubt massaged for TV effect.

It would be interesting to see the TRUE figures - as obviously in a normal business all the equipment he bought would then be amortised over the next few years etc - none of which I assume was done for season one of course.

Mind you for all the talk of how bad farming is for providing a decent income I don't know about the rest of you but I've YET to meet a POOR farmer here where I ilive as the most of them i know all driver top fo the range Merc's along with the wives always having their latest new 4x 4 model to hand too !

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 6th, 2021)