List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Fat chance of the UK government acting like that.

They even made wearing face coverings optional, by exempting people who "cannot wear one" ...
    That would be me. A mask is highly inconvenient when you wear glasses and a beard. Either glasses or a beard should be sufficient reason not to have to wear a mask.

Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    That would be me. A mask is highly inconvenient when you wear glasses and a beard. Either glasses or a beard should be sufficient reason not to have to wear a mask.
    Sorry Christian but those are not valid excuses to not wear a mask.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Sorry Christian but those are not valid excuses to not wear a mask.
    As someone who wears glasses myself IMO it’s just a question of wearing the mask correctly although moving between air-conditioned indoors and the great outdoors has its own challenges (glasses fogging up). As for beards, my recollection is that Christian admitted in his blog a few years ago that he’d only just realised that many Asian boys detest them, so it’s interesting to read he still has one.

Liked

I recall a recent photo of Christian, dated 5 July, was beardless.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I regularly wear glasses or sunglasses and the condensation is mildly inconvenient, but it does not stop me wearing a mask. There are obvious solutions, like wearing a mask that fits more closely around the top, using an anti fog spray for the glasses or wearing contact lenses. A valved mask would also work, although reducing the benefit for others. I wore a valved FFP3 mask in early 2020 before everyone else was bothering to wear a mask.

A razor would modify the beard sufficiently to wear a mask.

Finally, the UK government specified "face coverings", which also includes those large transparent visors. These avoid both of your problems.
    Of course they are much less effective, bordering on useless, however instead of an exemption, they should have reminded people of this option.

If people had the choice of a proper mask or a visor, we would find more people find they can wear the proper mask after all.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    As for beards, my recollection is that Christian admitted in his blog a few years ago that he’d only just realised that many Asian boys detest them, so it’s interesting to read he still has one.
    Your memory is right. Years ago, I had several boys in Thailand tell me they don't like beards, so I started to shave more often than twice per month. I don't wear a beard for fashion, I'm just to lazy to shave every day, or every week.

But then I had one Cambodian boy who told me he likes my beard, so I grew it before meeting him. We are both in Cambodia now and I saw him several times, so I grew my beard up to 3 months to set a personal record. During these three months I asked other boys, and to most it doesn't seem to make a difference, and similar numbers of positive or negative response.

Those several boys in Thailand years ago telling me they don't like beards seem to have been a statistical outlier. Or I projected my likes and dislikes (I have a strong dislike for body hair; beard would not be so much of a problem but is an indicator for body hair) on the boys.

Liked

Very bad news from Cebu City, in the South of the Islands.
    There is a spike in the Covid Virus, mainly from the Delta Variant.
    Hospitals in Cebu City have no beds available.
    People are parked in their cars outside several hospitals.
    There are big oxygen tanks along the road and people are using them.
    Not sure if the hospital provides these??
    So looks like Duterte is not making things any better...

Liked

9. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (August 5th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I should add that my "like" above was me looking to add a "sad" like emoji, but it seems that's not an option on this board ( I've been spending to much time on facebook it seems perhaps)- but that was my intention.

Sad to see those images, lets hope it's just a very temporary blip to get them over the crest of their peak.......but of course alas that's probably not the case just yet. :-(

Liked

As someone who has not gotten Covid but instead came down with a difficult pneumonia, I know the difficulties of keeping my O2 Levels up above 90.
    I am still recovering after 3 months of this shit!! And if I go off my oxygen tank, to go to the mail box, my level drops into the 80s or even the 70s.
    That is when I am feeling very "short of breath"... And YES no SAD emojis here.