List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

Awesome rant Nirish!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Phlllippines Duterte takes no shit as usual - get vaccinated or you're going to jail !!

And that was me toning it down !! But i did feel better after it so best to get it out of ya I find ! lol

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (June 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 25th, 2021)

Liked

Too bad this became rant about vaccinations in the UK. Rather than more information about what is happening in the Philippines.
    My experience is that no one is getting vaccinated!!
    My friend living in Dumaguete contracted the Covid-19 Virus.
    He was in the hospital for 3 days and then at home for 14 days.
    He said there had not been any effort to give Covid shots to anyone in his area just outside Dumaguete.
    And my other good friend living Bogo City, at the north end of Cebu Island, says no one is giving Vaccine Shots there.
    So I am very sad and worried about the lack of a Plan to get people in the PH vaccinated.
    And I will not even start with my concerns about the Chinese Vaccines bought by the PH Govt.
    Life is a gamble!!!

Liked

I'm sorry, but come on, PH isn't going to care about its citizens. This is a country where its President publicly states, "if your neighbor is doing drugs, go ahead and murder them, don't worry, no reprecussions from the state".

As for pragmatic info, I know my friend's online BF was forced to signup for vaccination about 6 months ago. The police went around to the villages, and basically forced everyone to sign up. Still no actual vaccination yet though.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    Too bad this became rant about vaccinations in the UK. Rather than more information about what is happening in the Philippines.
    My experience is that no one is getting vaccinated!!
    My friend living in Dumaguete contracted the Covid-19 Virus.
    He was in the hospital for 3 days and then at home for 14 days.
    He said there had not been any effort to give Covid shots to anyone in his area just outside Dumaguete.
    And my other good friend living Bogo City, at the north end of Cebu Island, says no one is giving Vaccine Shots there.
    So I am very sad and worried about the lack of a Plan to get people in the PH vaccinated.
    And I will not even start with my concerns about the Chinese Vaccines bought by the PH Govt.
    Life is a gamble!!!
    There’s this wonderful, wonderful tool called a “search engine” on the Interweb (I think that’s the name) and when I used it just now I found at least as much information as you’ll find asking a random bunch of complete strangers whose focus is (1) Thailand or (2) their country of residence - neither of which is The Philippines.

Liked

I live on Luzon, the main island in the Philippines. ALL senior citizens (including foreigners) have been encouraged to get vaccinated.
    I had my Sinovac shots in April and May.

The medical system here is coping but many of my neighbors are doing it tough (like most of SE Asia) while the pandemic drags on.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Too bad this became rant about vaccinations in the UK.
    I know, how bad of me derailing my own thread, I should really have a word with the Op to apologise.......oh wait, it seems he doesn't actually mind at all as the point of the thread was only ever really meant to be just what the topic subject line said anyway and wasn't ever billed as an update on what's happening in the Philippines, so, that's all fine then it seems ;-)

.....Rather than more information about what is happening in the Philippines.
    As above - and so I look forward to reading your new topic entitled "what is happening in the Philippines" with all / any info you may have discovered re that topic once you find it.

Liked

Sure Nirish,
    My two long time friends in the PH live in the South. One near Dumaguete and the other at the north end of Cebu Island.
    Neither has seen any real effort to get people Vaccinated. Not even the elderly.
    In fact several Cities, near and including Cebu City, had to suspend vaccinations due to a lack of the vaccine.
    Cebu City reports they will receive 20,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Do not have the correct syringes to administer the shots.
    So much for Life in the PH...

OH and my friend in Dumaguete contracted Covid-19. He was in the Hospital for 3 days and then sent home to "recover" for 14 days.
    No help with the hospital bill or money for his medicines. Thankfully he is 35yo and in good health so he is recovering.
    But it was a tough 3 days in the Hospital!!!

I had hoped there would be some members who also have good friends living in the PH. And could share reliable information.
    INGAT

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For what its worth on my just asking my PH BF here "hows things there' ( as his wider family circle still in Davao / Cebu areas etc) he said something similar to you in that there was NOTHING much happening and that there certainly weren't police going round encouraging people to go get vaccinated or anything. In fact his ( and their) LACK of concern is very CONCERNING !!

When Covid first hit Davao they were very much on the ball, locking down and everyone playing ball. It seems that both covid weariness may have set in across the people in the general AND thats being matched with a lack of any real and meaningful vaccine programme ( either for lack of supply of money, Im not sure which). But either way Im a bad feeling about where the PH's could end up in this whole thing if things take a turn for the worse for them.

With the amount of older people living there, perhaps with no a lot of money to spare and CERTAINLY not enough money to pay for any medical bills I fear that one bad dose of the Delta plus variant could take out a lot of people in very short order ! Lets hope I'm wrong !

But hey it seems they'll be fine as my BF tells me some of his older relatives just go to church to offer prayers about it all - so, that'll all be FINE then eh ! :-(((((

* Edit - I actually just went and looked up the figures there and the Ph's just be the exception to the rule in being able to beat Covid by taking almost no action as it seems the numbers in Davao certainly have dropped from around 11.5k cases in mid April down to 6k cases now - so nearly a 50% reduction - with no active vaccines being giving out or anything much else happening......lucky them eh, lets hope they can keep that up ( or at least keep paying the guy who's massaging the reporting figures perhaps!))

*edit No 2 ! So all depends what site you read it seems and how you read the figures as other pages there I see are talking about 20k cases and 5k active last week etc - I'm not up or into the various way figures are collected so perhaps one of the board covid figure experts could look at their numbers in passing that then tell you now really fucked they might be ( or not ) - as I'm a betting man my money is on FUCKED.

11. User who gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (June 30th, 2021)

Liked

An update from Cebu City and adjoining areas...

In a phone interview on Monday, June 28, Cebu City Health Officer Dr. Jeffrey Ibones confirmed that all vaccination cites in Cebu City have currently halted operations because of supply shortage.

Ibones said that the rollout suspension began on June 23. Now almost a week later, he said they are still waiting on the Department of Health (DOH) for additional supplies.

Despite being a vaccine priority area, this is the third time Cebu City had to temporarily stop vaccinating its residents because of limited supplies. The city government had also opted out of procuring vaccines, saying the national government's supply should be enough.

Way to Go President Duterte!!

13. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (July 5th, 2021)