Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Canada adopts the Thailand model (sort of)

No Platformed
    Liked

Canada adopts the Thailand model (sort of)

The Canadian government will loosen Covid-19 travel restrictions for fully vaccinated people amid warnings that a return to a completely open border will take awhile longer.

Canadian citizens and residents who’ve received two shots will be exempt from a 14-day quarantine on arrival to the country, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government said in a statement Monday. Travelers will still need to show they’ve tested negative for Covid-19 before they cross into Canada and take a second test at the border. Those arriving by air, who are currently expected to do the first three days of their quarantine in a hotel, will be exempt from that requirement.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ccinated-chief

Australians apparently can’t be trusted to do the same for their lucky country.

Liked

Re: Canada adopts the Thailand model (sort of)

Entry requirements haven't changed though, and still really only citizens and permanent residents can enter, along with other exemptions. Canada isn't open for tourism, or anything.

It was expected we'd at least partially open the Canada - US border, but they decided to keep it closed another month until July 21st. I guess they want to get more second shots into people's arms before opening the border to the US again. Vaccine rollout is still in high gear over here as they try and quickly get second shots out to try and get ahead of the delta variant.

Thankfully, unlike our southern neighbor our country isn't full of complete morons who think Bill Gates wants to microchip them, or the vaccine is killing tens of millions of people worldwide. Makes herd immunity that much more achieveable.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (June 22nd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

You should learn to generalise, Matt. What are the general principles here? Vaccinated individuals are being permitted to mix with vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals abroad and then travel to Canada where they will mix freely with vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals without undergoing further quarantine. The fact that this privileged group is confined to citizens/permanent residents simply limits the potential numbers; the "mixing without quarantine" principle is unchanged.

Liked

I don't know, I'd say it's just a tad different than putting on an international media blitz advertising, "please come to our country for tourism, we're open!".

Maybe just a small difference there...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I don't know, I'd say it's just a tad different than putting on an international media blitz advertising, "please come to our country for tourism, we're open!".

Maybe just a small difference there...
    As an attempt to GENERALISE, Matt, that’s a total fail.

Liked

You're the one comparing Canada to Thailand in regards to how their handling the pandemic.

Not going to get into a tit-for-tat with you, I have bitcoin to make.