Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    "The glimmer of a light at the end of a tunnel....." Yes; at least some of us will be pleased. Some.
    It’s not the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s the headlight of the COVID express hurtling towards Pattaya.

2. User who gave Like to post:

wingnut (June 20th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

The link includes a detailed timeline (which Dodgems will repost in a couple of days from now when he’s caught up with us (aka. The Cognoscenti)) - https://thethaiger.com/news/national...eyond-laid-out

It makes for a wonderful fairytale; only time will tell us whether Red Riding Hood’s grandmother in the form of the Delta variant lies waiting or whether we’ll be giving her the royal salute.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

According to a Bangkok Post article below, the CCSA states that tourists will not be permitted to visit any Province after the reopening unless 70% of the population in that respective Province has been vaccinated. I liked hearing this for several reasons. Now, if they can just stick to the plan.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...-for-reopening

I was on the phone with my daughter this morning who planned to make a return visit to Thailand in October. Her and her husband had to cancel their plans for October 2020, and are reading the news of Thailand's reopening from their home in the U.S.

I told her to avoid getting hung up on the "details" she see's in the newspapers right now, because they'll be changing with the wind, as they always do. She understands this situation is dynamic, and relies on the covid status during that period in time (fourth quarter). Pretty much the same as anywhere else in the world right now.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    According to a Bangkok Post article below, the CCSA states that tourists will not be permitted to visit any Province after the reopening unless 70% of the population in that respective Province has been vaccinated. I liked hearing this for several reasons. Now, if they can just stick to the plan.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...-for-reopening
    What the article says is that no province can take part in the 14-day semi-quarantine opening without 70% of its (adult) population having been vaccinated. It doesn’t mean tourists are unable to visit a province once they have sat out that 14-day period (with its PCR testing) - that’s for each governor to say (the current situation)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    What the article says is that no province can take part in the 14-day semi-quarantine opening without 70% of its (adult) population having been vaccinated. It doesn’t mean tourists are unable to visit a province once they have sat out that 14-day period (with its PCR testing) - that’s for each governor to say (the current situation)
    That was my understanding also. The headline, and Dodger's comments, were misleading.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

That was my understanding also. The headline, and Dodger's comments, were misleading.
    Whatever you do, never allow yourself to be misled by anything you read in a Thai newspaper.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Whatever you do, never allow yourself to be misled by anything you read in a Thai newspaper.
    Or anything Dodgems posts.