Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
Wikipedia: "Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband." I'm with Rhodes on this one.
Well, well, well, all these years and I never knew that it was “claimed that Cecil Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering.” This forum is like an education, ain’t it?

Cecil.jpg

Cecil Rhodes

Cecil John Rhodes PC (5 July 1853 – 26 March 1902)[1] was a British mining magnate, and politician in southern Africa who served as Prime Minister of the Cape Colony from 1890 to 1896. An ardent believer in British imperialism, Rhodes and his British South Africa Company founded the southern African territory of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe and Zambia), which the company named after him in 1895. South Africa's Rhodes University is also named after him. He also put much effort towards his vision of a Cape to Cairo Railway through British territory. Rhodes set up the provisions of the Rhodes Scholarship, which is funded by his estate . . .

Personal life
Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband.[58][page needed] Author Robin Brown has claimed in The Secret Society: Cecil John Rhodes’s Plan for a New World Order that Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering, and that he established "… a homosexual hegemony – which was already operative in the Secret Society – went on to influence, if not control, British politics at the beginning of the twentieth century" . . .
Source: Wikipedia