Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

Liked

Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

Latin wrote.
    "...and thats why america rules (dont mean to be crass) but in the US tfo be declared bankrupt or to fail is not the end...its simply the beginning of a new chapter..."

Not just America, the UK too. I've lost count of how many over 60s who've discovered a new avenue of income and life.

"'Whether you're white, black, Asian, male, female, gay or straight. Being born British is an enormous stroke of luck."
    Andrew Marr.
    Here here.

Paraphrased cos I can't remember thel exact quote.

Liked

Re: Jai yen

Was it not Cecil Rhodes who said "To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"? I doubt if many would say that today!

Liked

"Was it not Cecil Rhodes who said "To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"? I doubt if many would say that today!"

I think England is as good as anywhere and better than most. If you take into account all aspects of life.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I rather think that Rhodes had in mind being born to rule the world rather than pining for rent boys in pattaya!

Anyway aren't you living in China?!

5. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (June 16th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I rather think that Rhodes had in mind being born to rule the world rather than pining for rent boys in pattaya!

Anyway aren't you living in China?!
    In his personal circular economy.

Liked

Are you sure Brad? Rhodes was a well known bandit of the bottom, a trouser snake charmer, a twizzler of the testes, a conjuror of the crevice, a magician of the male mojo, a player of the horn of pleasure, a smoker of the pipe in pants....

Had Pattaya existed in those days I'm sure he'd have pined for it..

8. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (June 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Are you sure Brad? Rhodes was a well known bandit of the bottom, a trouser snake charmer, a twizzler of the testes, a conjuror of the crevice, a magician of the male mojo, a player of the horn of pleasure, a smoker of the pipe in pants....

Had Pattaya existed in those days I'm sure he'd have pined for it..
    Wikipedia: "Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband." I'm with Rhodes on this one.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (June 16th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    Wikipedia: "Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband." I'm with Rhodes on this one.
    Well, well, well, all these years and I never knew that it was “claimed that Cecil Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering.” This forum is like an education, ain’t it?

Cecil.jpg

Cecil Rhodes

Cecil John Rhodes PC (5 July 1853 – 26 March 1902)[1] was a British mining magnate, and politician in southern Africa who served as Prime Minister of the Cape Colony from 1890 to 1896. An ardent believer in British imperialism, Rhodes and his British South Africa Company founded the southern African territory of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe and Zambia), which the company named after him in 1895. South Africa's Rhodes University is also named after him. He also put much effort towards his vision of a Cape to Cairo Railway through British territory. Rhodes set up the provisions of the Rhodes Scholarship, which is funded by his estate . . .

Personal life
    Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband.[58][page needed] Author Robin Brown has claimed in The Secret Society: Cecil John Rhodes’s Plan for a New World Order that Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering, and that he established "… a homosexual hegemony – which was already operative in the Secret Society – went on to influence, if not control, British politics at the beginning of the twentieth century" . . .
    Source: Wikipedia
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

It comes up iin one of Wilbur Smith's books.

Liked

Nobody ever asks if someone prominent was heterosexual, as is done here.