Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Nobody ever asks if someone prominent was heterosexual, as is done here.
    Hear, hear. Or, as SGT’s favourite English teacher put it earlier in this thread, here here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear

Liked

Not everyone is as ultra sensitive to being gay as you two. (Goji and little stevie) If a figure from history was a Philanthropist of Felatio then it's worth knowing. Anything that relieves the stereotype mincing giggling semi idiot that is so beloved by little stevie is a good thing. In fact I might start a new thread. Bastard homosexuals through history.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Khor tose (June 18th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Anything that relieves the stereotype mincing giggling semi idiot that is so beloved by little stevie is a good thing.
    It's important that the mince is made from real meat and not some pansy vegan plant-based "meat", full of fat and sugar.

Liked

Apparently our esteemed member Todger, was a flaming heterosexual...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As it's ASSUMED that the world is and should be heterosexual - which is EXACTLY why its important that the LGBT community DO stand up and both claim LGBT people from history and that we flag up that LGBT people DID and DO exist and our existence shouldn't and cant and wont be allowed to be hidden. Nor can it be brushed away or hidden behind a veil of straightness just to suit the continues straight history / lets pretend that LGBT people didn't exist / are all bad agenda . That is what PRIDE ( amongst other things) should be all about surely !

For example even from the most cursory Google search ( which actually gave up very few genuinely useful results surprisingly - which says a lot in itself !) but even the most basic search of "famous gay people from history" gives the following list of people for starters ( or course there are SO many more, I'm just using this list as an example). So, can ANY one of us HONESTLY say that at school that we were taught that these people were or may have been gay!?? And if so was / would that info have been presented to us in a positive LGBT reaffirming way or even at least just as a mere statement of fact.....I honestly doubt it ?

So, yes we SHOULD ask ( if there's reason to) and be happy and proud to claim back LGBT people and their achievements so that younger LGBT people coming after us realise that yes, it IS OK to be gay, just as many many people who came before them were.

That short example list included the likes of
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Florence Nightingale
    King James VI and I
    William Shakespeare
    Richard I
    Julius Caesar
    Aristotle
    Alan Turing

So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way ( and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (June 18th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 18th, 2021)

Liked

OK, let's erect a few statues of him

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish guy
    So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way (and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    I might start a new thread. Bastard homosexuals through history.
    My hope is that they’d learn it’s Maggie Thatcher’s rather than Maggie Thatchers but a video of SGT’s favourite English teacher conducting a class about Shirtlifting Tyrants in History might be entertaining. Should it start with Caligula or maybe Tiberius who in true Pattaya style maintained a “stable” of boys to attend to his needs? Perhaps that lesson might lead on to some career counselling or suggestions of after-school part-time employment. Then there’s King Richard II who was murdered by having a red hot poker inserted into his anus as a gesture to his supposed sexual interests. Although that might encourage the more adventurous and aggressive boys …

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    That short example list included the likes of
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Florence Nightingale
    King James VI and I
    William Shakespeare
    Richard I
    Julius Caesar
    Aristotle
    Alan Turing

So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way ( and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?

Not sure Shakespeare or Julius Caesar were gay. "Gay" had an entirely different meaning in Caesar's time, but Edward Devere, the true Shakespeare author, was definitely gay.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose View Post
    Not sure Shakespeare or Julius Caesar were gay. "Gay" had an entirely different meaning in Caesar's time ...
    I recall reading somewhere that in his day Julius Caesar was known as “every woman’s man and every man’s woman”. I wonder if such information might encourage more bisexual behaviour amongst those whom NIrish might merely wish to educate. I can see the whole project being very popular with parents.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I wonder if such information might encourage more bisexual behaviour amongst those whom NIrish might merely wish to educate. I can see the whole project being very popular with parents.
    When I was at school (long after you Steve) we were taught Physics (Theory) Physics (Practical), Chemistry (Theory) Chemistry (Practical), French (Theory) French (Practical) and Sex Education (Theory).

So why weren’t we ever taught Sex Education (Practical)?