Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving the environment

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Saving the environment

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

Using re-usable containers would even be cheaper, and the money saved could buy more food instead of ending up as plastic waste.
    I couldn't agree with you more about the environmental stuff.

Jai and I are entrenched in "THINKING GREEN" and have been for years, but when we're talking about food-line charities, none of this matters. With something as critical as "people going hungry" is on the agenda, this takes priority over all these other nice things we would like to improve on our planet, including the environment.
    Last edited by christianpfc; June 10th, 2021 at 22:24. Reason: fix quotation

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (July 1st, 2021)

Liked

Re: The Situation in Pattaya Worsens as Food lines Grow

Speaking about all this, so when you guys goto a local mom & pop shop, or even a 7/11, or grocery shopping, or whatever, do you bring reusable shopping bags with you?

I always did in Khon Kaen. Had a bunch of small bags which were great for beer, small things for dinner that night, and just small trips to the mom & pop shops around. Then for groceries at the mall, had my duffel bag which worked great. It even caught on in my community, and after a while a bunch of the locals were using reusable bags too. A couple of the shops there even gave me free bags a couple times, because they knew I liked them.

Damn, do I ever miss living in a community like that. This Canada shit with self serve checkouts is at warehouse sized grocery stores owned by multi nationals is pretty mundane.

Liked

I'm enjoying the confession that you are "particularly entranced" by Goji. Such mind powers Goji has.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I'm enjoying the confession that you are "particularly entranced" by Goji. Such mind powers Goji has.
    As my #1 fan wrote only recently:
    Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Irony not your forte?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Speaking about all this, so when you guys goto a local mom & pop shop, or even a 7/11, or grocery shopping, or whatever, do you bring reusable shopping bags with you?
    I don't bring reusable shopping bags, but I have several plastic bags that were intended for single use with me. I use them 5 to 10 times, then they become dirty or rip, and their last use is as bin bag.

I try to educate my local friends, and even Farang friends, to follow my actions.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I have several plastic bags that were intended for single use with me. I use them 5 to 10 times .
    So you're still contributing to killing the planet with plastic, but just you're now doing it 5 to 10 times slower than before now is that it ....ok, got it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So you're still contributing to killing the planet with plastic, but just you're now doing it 5 to 10 times slower than before now is that it ....ok, got it.
    An 80 to 90% reduction in pollution. Is that not much better than the people who make no effort at all ?

9. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (June 11th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Of course it is goji.

However when someone tells us that environmental issues have " been on their mind for a long time" and "Using re-usable containers would be cheaper, and the money saved could buy more food instead of ending up as plastic waste" and that they "have more compassion for animals and for the environment than for humans." then I automatically would just have assumed just that they would have carried on and gone the whole way in using a "bag for life" which we're told seems to be the optimum thing to do for maximum planet saving effect etc.

I'm not judging btw, merely pointing out the (to me) obvious flaw in their thinking, solely after them making such strong environmental statements as they did above perhaps.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 11th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I automatically would just have assumed just that they would have carried on and gone the whole way in using a "bag for life" which we're told seems to be the optimum thing to do for maximum planet saving effect etc.
    Correct, but:
    1 A bag for life tends not to actually last for life
    2 Whilst many of us try to re-use plastics, we might still forget to bring a water bottle or plastic bag. So when occasionally getting a new one, it makes sense to keep re-using it until it wears out.

All of this is better than the middle easterner who was having a go at the till staff in Tops Tuk Com because they didn't have any free plastic bags.
    Being next in line, I intervened and told this sack of sh*t that it's standard practice in all civilized countries to reduce waste & pollution.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 11th, 2021), gerefan2 (June 11th, 2021)

Liked

I feel so guilty that it took me nine years before I finally had a water filtration system fitted to my kitchen sink and I could stop buying all those plastic bottles of water. Finally done and it makes life a whole lot easier too not having to carry those heavy packs of water bottles.

15. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 11th, 2021), Dodger (June 11th, 2021), francois (June 12th, 2021), goji (June 11th, 2021)