Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phuket Sandbox expectations: reality bites

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox expectations: reality bites

Quote Originally Posted by Mancs View Post
    Wouldn't the Mor Chana app do the job of tracking? Maybe users have to submit location info. I wonder if the GPS wristband likes showers and swimming?
    It might work for Android but Apple devices have Settings for location services that can disable location or make it “approximate” rather than absolute. It’s also possible to carry the phone around in “aircraft” mode which would have the value of appearing to comply. Experience of such tracking Apps in some countries on iPhones has also demonstrated that when the screen is locked the tracking App is disabled. Australia’s tracking App has proven a dismal failure in that regard. I’d be surprised if a Thai-developed App would be much different.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If prisoners can be let out early with electronic tags why not give those daft enough to go half way around the world, to an island with no booze, the same tags?
    They know they work.

3. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (June 18th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    If prisoners can be let out early with electronic tags why not give those daft enough to go half way around the world, to an island with no booze, the same tags? They know they work.
    Says the man who paid 60,000 baht to have himself locked in solitary confinement in a hotel room for two weeks and claimed in several posts that it was money well spent.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Says the man who paid 60,000 baht to have himself locked in solitary confinement in a hotel room for two weeks.

As I have told you time and time again it was free. I don’t need to explain the maths to you yet again do I?
    And.....it was to Bangkok, a city, which at the time, was full of booze and prostitutes, as you well know.
    Do you miss it all?

Liked

Lockdown is taking it's toll on little stevie's mental well-being gerefan2. Be kind.

7. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (June 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Lockdown is taking it's toll on little stevie's mental well-being gerefan2. Be kind.
    Lockdown?? He should have been “Locked Up” years ago!

Sorry feeding again! So easy.

Liked

What I find funny is how everyone views GPS wristbands as this massive over reach, but an app on a smart phone is perfectly ok for some reason.

Perceptions are everything I guess...

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 18th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 19th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    . As I have told you time and time again it was free. I don’t need to explain the maths to you yet again do I? And.....it was to Bangkok, a city, which at the time, was full of booze and prostitutes, as you well know.
    Do you miss it all?
    What you attempted to demonstrate in your own way was that, although you had actually paid 60,000 baht to the hotel, if it was seen as being amortised over the entire length of the trip it was so negligible an amount as to be perceived as "free". It's the sort of self-serving spin people despise in politicians.

How is what you claim to have done any different to another sex tourist who spends the same amount of time on Phuket before, like you, heading to Pattaya?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Have those Chinese parents not yet realised how you’re ripping them off? It’s “its toll” not “it’s toll”.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    What you attempted to demonstrate in your own way was that, although you had actually paid 60,000 baht to the hotel, if it was seen as being amortised over the entire length of the trip it was so negligible an amount as to be perceived as "free".
    Right I will explain one last time.

The hotel was indeed 60,000 Bt and I was inside for 15 days.
    Cost 60,000/15 days = 2000b bt per day. Normal spending for 15 days. Therefore no additional cost.

Pleaseeee don’t ask me to explain this again for the umpteenth time.

The lack of booze and tarts really are having an effect eh??!