Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phuket Sandbox expectations: reality bites

No Platformed
    Liked

Phuket Sandbox expectations: reality bites

An amazingly sensible commentary from a TAT official about expectations for the Phuket Sandbox. He must have been reading my posts on SGT:
    Mr Yuthasak said the TAT acknowledges there is growing concern and discontent among the private sector about the additional measures for tourist destinations to reopen, which could discourage visitors in the initial stages. He insisted the tighter screening measures are necessary, as the Public Health Ministry stressed no tourist should be infected while roaming the island. "We should accept an influx of tourists is unlikely in the third quarter. This sandbox scheme was established as a test run, which means it is a gradual process where we determine the best practices to allow other destinations to follow suit," said Mr Yuthasak. "It is better to be selective in the beginning rather than risk losing our reputation if tourists acquire the virus while here or at their origin country."
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...pes-for-phuket

2. User who gave Like to post:

wingnut (June 13th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox expectations: reality bites

"He must have been reading my posts on SGT:"

Which is more than most of the membership who've put you on ignore.

Hahahahahahaha.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 12th, 2021), gerefan2 (June 12th, 2021), Patanawet (June 12th, 2021), StevieWonders (June 12th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "He must have been reading my posts on SGT:"

Which is more than most of the membership who've put you on ignore.
    As someone who holds himself out as proficient in the English language - even inflicting yourself on the unsuspecting Chinese middle class - you should be aware that all of the membership who’ve put me on ignore are not reading my posts - that is the purpose of the {Ignore} feature. Those poor Chinese are wasting their money - except that the money they pay for you to “teach” their daughters returns to the family because you’re paying their sons. It’s known in economics as a “circular economy”.

Learning some punctuation skills may help.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (June 13th, 2021), wingnut (June 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=StevieWonders;279407

Learning some punctuation skills may help.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Judging by the number of likes he is getting I think we all got the message LOUD AND CLEAR

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 12th, 2021), StevieWonders (June 12th, 2021), wingnut (June 13th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

There will be no quarantine for foreign visitors under the Phuket Sandbox scheme and their two-week confinement to the island will suffice, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) chief said yesterday.

The TAT is involved in reviewing the Tourism Sandbox scheme ahead of the island reopening to foreign tourists on July 1.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...et-sandbox-tat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    In-other-words: "We fucked up, and it ain't gonna happen yet"...LOL

Case closed.

10. User who gave Like to post:

wingnut (June 13th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

The Prime Minister makes it (almost) official.

Thai Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has confirmed that Phuket will be the first destination in Thailand to reopen to vaccinated foreign tourists without quarantine requirements from 1 July, 2021, under the ‘Phuket Sandbox’ project.

In his Facebook post last night, General Prayut stressed that the ‘Phuket Sandbox’ project was initiated in line with his guidelines to slowly reopen the country to vaccinated foreign tourists to revive tourism.
    https://www.tatnews.org/2021/06/thai...g-1-july-2021/

No Platformed
    Liked

The TAT has added to the list of SHA-certified businesses on Phuket

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tour...tion-in-phuket

No Platformed
    Liked

Some numbers of people intending to use the Phuket Sandbox scheme have been released along with the information that “over 50 per cent of 29,700 foreigners who had confirmed they would come to Phuket had cancelled their plans after the CESA revised” the number of days needed to stay on Phuket from 7 to 14

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001966

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gumblebee
    A big one is getting to Phuket. Will the major airlines be flexible enough to allow entry via HKT and return from BKK without a silly mark-ups?
    Easily answered via cheapflights.com - Emirates are offering exactly that combination for EUR611 for flights on 1/31 August (one of three possible fares on that airline)

Liked

If I could go to Phuket for 10-12 days without quarantine in November I'd go. Not as many boys but great motorbike rides and some lovely restaurants I'm sure. The problem for me is likely to be China.They were the first or one of them to close their borders and I suspect they'll be one of the last to reopen. Even if one has been vaccinated with their own vaccine.