Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now, the Pattaya Sandbox

No Platformed
    Liked

And now, the Pattaya Sandbox

No sex please, we're Thai.
    • Pattaya has launched a campaign to vaccinate much of its population in a bid to offer quarantine-free travel to foreign tourists
    • It is also looking to pivot from its reputation for go-go bars and sex work to more upmarket and family-friendly businesses

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/econo...ya-rebrand-and

Liked

Re: And now, the Pattaya Sandbox

Is Thailand going to have enough sand?

They're sure building a lot of sandboxes.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 8th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

The latest on Pattaya’s efforts - https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/...reopening-plan

Forum's veteran
    Liked

From the above article:

“ The plan would limit reopening to certain controlled areas in Pattaya, with careful restrictions and safety measures to minimise risks of Covid-19 outbreaks. The location and travel routes will be carefully selected and only tourists that meet certain requirements will be allowed to enter.”

That would screw many plans and be unacceptable to many long term tourists.

And what are the certain requirements for selected tourists? GPS wrist bands that report our exact position 24 hours a day?

Long term tourists often stay outside regular tourist areas and have good reasons to travel to many parts of Pattaya.

To the Burghers of Pattaya:- Listen to long term tourists and don’t fu*k it up.

Liked

I have a hard time seeing a bunch of sex tourists agreeing to wear GPS enabled wristbands in Pattaya.

I know I wouldn't be too thrilled at the prospect of wearing a government issued wristband while hanging out in Sunnee during the nights. Could make the chat at immigration upon exiting Thailand a little awkward, haha.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NO worse than the chat you had at immigration anyways we suspect. Personally I'm guessing it would a shocking waste of money by the Thai Government giving most of us sexpats a wristband considering that most of us trudge the same half a dozen streets over and over just of an evening !

8. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

For all you sex tourists looking forward to a re-opened Pattaya here’s the local view of what Pattaya businesses want to happen - https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/2...ugh-is-enough/

Liked

"I have a hard time seeing a bunch of sex tourists agreeing to wear0 GPS enabled wristbands in Pattaya.

I know I wouldn't be too thrilled at the prospect of wearing a government issued wristband while hanging out in Sunnee during the nights. Could make the chat at immigration upon exiting Thailand a little awkward, haha."

Really!!!
    The police often ask me where I'm going when they stop me for a breath test. Not a police 'where are you going?' but a friendly question. I always tell them Boyztown or Sunee or Jomtien Complex Plaza with no reaction apart from a have a good time.

And NIrish.
    We do not "trudge." We skip jauntily with a song in our hearts and a twinkle in our eyes darting from side to side looking for our next victim, erm I mean off.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 23rd, 2021), Nirish guy (June 23rd, 2021), Oliver2 (June 23rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That's true...no trudging allowed in Pattaya. And a smile on my face all day long. I do my best to pretend that Sainsbury's is Big C but it just doesn't seem to work.

Liked

No, I don't "trudge" either. I tend to run! Lol

Although I have once hobbled over to Sunee from Boyztown with a broken foot. And once I arrived at the bar, my special guy immediately took me to the pharmacy to get some pain-killers so I could carry on as normal.

And I did. And had a great time!