Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOT so good memories

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: NOT so good memories

I've been trying all day to think of some bad times in Thailand so that I could contribute. I've failed; I can't think of a single day in twenty-five years that I'd rather have been home than there.
    Ok; if I'm pushed, P and I had a disappointing few days in Krabi when it poured for four days.

Liked

I can think of a few bad days... I remember having my house overtaken by about a dozen ladyboys for months (over a year I think actually), that was fun.

I remember waking up one morning, and going downstairs to let the dogs out. Went downstairs not only to find the dozen other people on the living room floor as usual, but there was also about an inch of water all over the floor. These idiots were shoving small thoothpaste tubes / shampoo bottles, q-tips, et ala down the drain of the bathrrom hence plugging it. To make it more exciting, they're all laying on the floor passed out, and the water is about one foot away from an electric power bar. Idiots.

Another memorably aspect of that period in life was we could never have anything nice, because Kim kept giving shit away. I had a French freind who lived down the street and him and his GF headed back to Europe, so I bought up his house full of stuff and moved it into mine. This means we had two of various things -- two fridges, two TVs, et al.

I'd wake up, and a fridge is gone. Ask Kim where the hell the fridge went, and just get a, "what?!?! I gave it to my Dad!" in an angry and confused tone as if I'm being the idiot. Woke up one morning, and down the stairs our spare bed is going. Well, that was nice of me to give that away.

Couldn't keep any food in that place either due to the ladyboys. You put something in the fridge, and it'd be gone within an hour or two. I actually ended up setting up a kitchen in my upstairs office. Bought a little bar fridge, induction heater, small shelving unit, woks / pans, dishes, even a toaster oeven, et al. That actually worked out well, because everyone knew my office was off limits.

Except for Kim's little brother, I made sure he knew he was allowed to raid my fridge and that there was almost always something good in there. I remember he liked my yellow chicken curry quite a bit. He enjoyed staying with us except for the fact there was never any food in the house, and Kim would sleep until 1pm every day, leaving him starving.

And for those wondering... yes, the sex was worth it, haha.

3. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

cdnmatt, I always suspected you were a moron the above post leaves any doubt.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    cdnmatt, I always suspected you were a moron the above post leaves any doubt.
    I prefer to classify it as adventurous.

6. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Anyway, one afternoon, out of the blue, Jaep’s younger brother appeared at our doorstep. ...... he was probably the most gorgeous Thai man I had ever met ,...... life was good, I was able to be around two beautiful hunks, watch them come out of the shower, lounging around shirtless e……….UNTIL, one afternoon Jaep decided to go fishing and I was left alone with his brother. !

DAMN, I thought that story was about to take a very different and very interesting, albeit VERY dangerous turn there for a second perhaps - just me wicked wicked mind it seems ! :-) lol

8. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Haha, my bad, Irish. Looking back, I guess my segue left a lot to be desired....Gomen nasai, Sir.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    DAMN, I thought that story was about to take a very different and very interesting, albeit VERY dangerous turn there for a second perhaps - just me wicked wicked mind it seems ! :-) lol
    Not just you.

Liked

cdnmatt, you're much too kind. On memory #1 I would have shown the miscreants the door and never welcomed them back. I am a very mellow person, but sometimes Thais (everyone really) must be shown limits. In life, everyone, me, you, everyone must understand their limits and act accordingly. I’m not judging you, matt, you are who you are and really isn’t this what make the world go ‘round? I’ve read and enjoyed your posts for a long time but never commented; I think of you as a friend. How do I say this politely? Stop letting people walk all over you. I mean this with a warm heart, matt, you handle yourself quite ably on the board, why not start taking some of that same resiliency to your private life?

Now memory #2 if presented to me is a totally different situation. If Jaep ever did this to me, he too would have been shown the door-regardless of his prowess in the sheets! Sex lasts only minutes (pitifully) but respect lasts forever. But then too, Jaep would never do this, he was always respectful to me; however, he was not able to show the same love to himself. What it boils down to is, in every aspect of my life, I give you respect and I demand respect in return, period.

Peace, matt….life is way too short, we all change, evolve and guess what, we survive. And as Jaep so often said to me, you tink too much. Take care.

12. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (June 3rd, 2021)

Liked

I'm struggling to find a bad day in 40 trips. There was the time I did a visa run to KL, forget to tell the banks I wanted to use my debit cards there in atm's. So I tried all of them and got no money out. I had just enough money to do whatever I was doing in KL. All of the banks then efficiently blocked the cards so I could get no money when I got back to Don Mueang either. I had 33 baht, which you will appreciate is not enough to get back to Silom. A very kind Malaysian man at the airport gave me 100 baht. And HSBC on Rama IV let me ring First Direct in the uk so then I had cash again.
    Another time, just before the coup in 2014, when Rama IV had layers of barriers guarded by armed yellow shirt guys. There had been deaths and a lot of injuries in the fighting around yellow shirt road blocks. I arrived back from the airport in a taxi. In the boot was my big black suitcase wrapped in plastic. The yellow shirts, who looked to be hopping high on meths, with revolvers in waistbands, stopped the taxi on Rama IV and asked to see in the boot. They didn't like the look of the suitcase. My taxi driver was shaking with fear as we stood there talking to them. I wasn't scared (though maybe I should have been) as I knew some of the yellow shirts by sight and to nod to as I was always walking down Rama IV. We agreed to go off down a side road and all was well. Thai blokes are happy to attack tourists if we flip their switch, as I know from other occasions. One learns.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (June 3rd, 2021)

Liked

You've done good, Oliver. Karma is always on the watch. Count your blessings.........