Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOT so good memories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Cool NOT so good memories

To be sure, not all of my memories of Thailand are pleasant and memorable. We all have our own, I decided to share. On one trip I booked a condo at Yensabi Condotel, having decided being in the action in Boyztown no longer worked for me. I liked being in the vicinity of Yensabai; it was close to everything, the outdoor markets, the shops, the bars, the disco, the banks (ATM), and of course the gold shops (for Jaep, not me.) Anyway, one afternoon, out of the blue, Jaep’s younger brother (sorry, out of necessity I blocked out his name from my memory banks) appeared at our doorstep. Evidently, he was sent to stay with Jaep by his parents. Now, Jaep is to die for but when I met his brother, I could not believe my eyes; he was probably the most gorgeous Thai man I had ever met and to this day still is. He was straight, had a lot of girlfriends according to Jaep and pitifully, so full of himself. I never did ask Jaep the reason for his visit but after a while I figured out that he was in some kind of trouble back home and being sent to us to keep a tighter leash on him. This should have set off my natural fuckery alert immediately but I guess being with Jaep sabotaged my innate security system. For a time, life was good, I was able to be around two beautiful hunks, watch them come out of the shower, lounging around shirtless and just having a fine time……….UNTIL, one afternoon when Jaep decided to go fishing and I was left alone with his brother. I went to take a shower and when I came out, he was nowhere to be found; also missing was a few thousand baht, a gold crucifix I had bought for a gift and my new Nikon! Jaep and his friends spent a lot of time scouring the town for his brother, he was on a mission; if he was successful in locating his brother this would not bode well for the thief. We even traveled back to see his parents but nada. Later, Jaep told me that his parents would never give up his brother as he was their pet. Eventually we ended up at the police station to file a report with the assurance of the Major on duty that if Jaep’s brother returned to Pattaya or his hometown he would be arrested; and all this cost me was five thousand baht under the table….grrrrh!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: NOT so good memories

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Eventually we ended up at the police station to file a report with the assurance of the Major on duty that if Jaep’s brother returned to Pattaya or his hometown he would be arrested; and all this cost me was five thousand baht under the table….grrrrh!
    Hence?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Sorry, to keep you hanging, Mfas. Nothing else happened, he was never seen again!

Liked

My not so good memory is of the one time in my life that I was "queer bashed", not by a Thai but by the American Navy! Years ago the American Navy arrived in numbers in Pattaya while they were here doing joint exercises with the Thai Navy. I was coming back to my room in Cafe Royale from Star Boys in the company of a handsome muscly young gentleman, which then was on a small soi opposite Boyztown. As we were trying to cross Second Road I saw a group of American Navy boys gathered in front of Boyztown pointing down and shouting abuse. I held back, to let them walk on, but two of them saw us and did the same, so that when we did walk over they jumped out and knocked me to the ground and started kicking me in the head. Not good. Thankfully my muscular companion punched the nearest one down and then he shouted down the soi into Boyztown and all the boys, waiters and go go boys and doormen, came running and beat the s**t out of the American Navy boys. I let them go for a while and then asked them to stop, and they helped me back to Cafe Royale. I am forever grateful for the protection the boys gave me that night.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (June 2nd, 2021), Brad the Impala (June 1st, 2021), dab69 (June 1st, 2021), francois (June 1st, 2021)

Liked

WOW, glad you made it out okay. This was common a few years ago but the US Navy has changed quite a bit from their Neanderthal ways and this would not be possible today. In all probability if Jaep was in the area he would have rushed to your aid, he was always partial to a good fight. Your mantra should be, always vigilant! Take care, Brother.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 1st, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    WOW, glad you made it out okay. This was common a few years ago but the US Navy has changed quite a bit from their Neanderthal ways ....

Indeed, a US Navy Ship has now been named for Harvey Milk, the slain Gay Rights Leader.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (June 2nd, 2021)

Liked

Yes, mr giggles, the times are a changing.........

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 2nd, 2021)

Liked

I remember living in Malta, the entire town would heavily sigh and roll their eyes every time a US Navy ship showed up in port. The locals weren't exactly fans of the US Navy.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I remember living in Malta, the entire town would heavily sigh and roll their eyes every time a US Navy ship showed up in port. The locals weren't exactly fans of the US Navy.
    Are you still fluent in Maltese?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Are you still fluent in Maltese?
    Don't derail an otherwise perfectly good thread.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (June 2nd, 2021), gerefan2 (June 1st, 2021), Oliver2 (June 1st, 2021)