Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Expat Vaccine Registration

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Expat Vaccine Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post

...... In any case I plan to wait for the Moderna vaccine, and I doubt that it will be available before October at best and then there will be a free for all rush to access it. Wait and see is all I can do really.
    Exactly.

I'll wait for Moderna, unless Pfizer or J&J come along first.

As far as I'm concerned, the government has got itself tied in a Brazilian choke-hold right now. No two Ministers are saying the same thing regarding the vaccine rollout, and it's clear, just by reading this constant flow of misleading and contradictory statements in the newspapers, that they're all working to their own personal agendas.

The fact that the vaccine rollout isn't supported by a Vaccine Distribution Plan that's available for public viewing should come as no surprise to anyone, considering all the opposing forces at play right now.

Hell, I'm just an expat over here on a temporary visa. Either I get the vaccine over here, or I'll fly home and get it there. What they do with the rest of this mess they created is up to them.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I'll wait for Moderna, unless Pfizer or J&J come along first.
    I’m sure the virus will patiently wait until Dodgems is vaccinated by his vaccine of choice

Forum's veteran
    Liked

According to the article linked below, Thailand now has to purchase AstraZenica vaccine from S. Korea in order to keep its promise to start mass vaccinations in June. Note, that the first promise was to begin mass vaccinations this month (May) which didn't happen.

Apparently the Thai-owned company (Siam bioscience) which was supposed to start making the vaccine can't fulfill the request at this time for some reason...(I'm trying not to laugh as I type this). Also, those quoted in the article claim that the only vaccine that Thailand has processed an urgent purchase order for to date is Sinovac from China.

This will undoubtedly cause a further delay in mass vaccinations.

Just too much fun!

https://pattayaone.news/concealing-vaccine-data-or-not/

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Further delays in mass vaccination. Just too much fun!
    Always great to see the true colours of the retired sexpat in all their glory.

Liked

The staff at Chulalongkorn Hospital were all vaccinated around April 20. I expect other front line staff at other hospitals were also vaccinated about then. Presumably they must have got the Chinese vaccine.

Why the government awarded the contract to make the Thai version of the Astra Zeneca vaccine to a company with zero history of making vaccines seems a typical Thai botch up, one that is now costing lives.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 1st, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 1st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    according to the article linked below, thailand now has to purchase astrazenica vaccine from s. Korea in order to keep its promise to start mass vaccinations in june. Note, that the first promise was to begin mass vaccinations this month (may) which didn't happen.

Apparently the thai-owned company (siam bioscience) which was supposed to start making the vaccine can't fulfill the request at this time for some reason...(i'm trying not to laugh as i type this). Also, those quoted in the article claim that the only vaccine that thailand has processed an urgent purchase order for to date is sinovac from china.

This will undoubtedly cause a further delay in mass vaccinations.

Just too much fun!
    south korea has its own problems securing vaccines for "its" people...giving to thailand will take "time" as they vaccinate their own people...
    Last edited by christianpfc; June 2nd, 2021 at 22:36. Reason: fix quotation

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 1st, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Why the government awarded the contract to make the Thai version of the Astra Zeneca vaccine to a company with zero history of making vaccines seems a typical Thai botch up, one that is now costing lives.
    I thought everyone with a Thai association would have been aware of "the connections" that can't be discussed in detail here, but are the answer to the question. Perhaps just google for an out of Thailand source.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I thought everyone with a Thai association would have been aware of "the connections" that can't be discussed in detail here, but are the answer to the question. Perhaps just google for an out of Thailand source.
    Aren’t you forgetting that most of those who post here are either sex tourists or sexpat retirees who know little to nothing about and have no interest in the real Thailand (while thinking themselves experts about everything Thailand).

Liked

Here's an interesting report, narrated by a lady with a nice American accent, explaining why the Mayor of Detroit was a Jack-Ass for refusing anything but Moderna or Pfizer believing them to be the 'good stuff' and everything else to be inferior, based solely on reported efficacy.

I think its worth watching/listening through to the end, where the conclusion is that since all vaccines are 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death, the best vaccine to take is the first one available to you (yes, even Sputnik) since every shot in the arm takes all of us a step closer to controlling the pandemic.

12. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (June 1st, 2021), Dodger (June 1st, 2021), Doofus (June 1st, 2021), goji (June 3rd, 2021), Patanawet (June 1st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Excellent video.

Everyone should view this.

Thanks for posting.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (June 1st, 2021)