Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Expat Vaccine Registration

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Expat Vaccine Registration

I had this very type discussion on Tiktok just this morning no less.

Where with an American who had recently moved to Phuket at the start of the pandemic there "to get away from being told what to do about wearing masks and getting his vaccine in the States" as " he was no sheep and he was a free man and no one would be telling HIM what to do etc" posted along the lines of "this lockdown (in phuket) is shit, everywhere's closed, they need to open up the place NOW!"

I pointed out to him that as the vast majority on Thai's were still unvaccinated and even the ones who were probably only had lesser vaccines than in the West etc to do that at this point, with the Delta variant about to run rampant would be foolish to say the least. I was then told I watched too much MSM ( main stream media) news and things were't half as bad as being reported and "he was fine' ( obviously after getting vaccinated in the Sates so he could travel !) and that I was probably the type that drove alone in my car with a mask on while driving ( I don't) and that I was "obviously" a sheep !

I just despair / get angry with people like that as they're happy to throw their bullshit opinions and "facts" around like confetti ( which other stupid people then accept as fact and worse still perhaps then act on them re no masks and not getting vaccinated etc) but GOD FORBID they actually open their eyes, do some research and find out things for themselves such as the "numbers of people infected and that daily growth rate etc etc" - but no, again I was told, almost like a badge of honour, that "he doesn't accept ANY information from the media" and instead prefers "youtube" as that's where the REAL truth is posted - I'm guessing Parlor would also be a favourite source of his.

It just pains me / make me SO angry that people like him are running about Phuket and other cities in Thailand ( and the World) still telling anyone who'll listen "this is all nonsense you know, you dont need any vaccine, the virus doesn't even exist blah blah blah ". I believe various Governments are actually talking about bringing in Laws to stop the likes of him posting such blatant misinformation and in this guys case and the seemingly many stupid people like him I just hope those laws comes sooner rather than later - and yes in this case FUCK free speech laws - needs must.

Likewise then all the "educated" people who choose not to get vaccinated - which I'm fine with - should I feel also be made to sign a disclaimer barring them from any further Covid related treatment in the future should they get Covid, that at least would be one great way of thinning out the herd somewhat by natural selection from the seemingly ever increasing amount of entitled who better idiots who seem to be crawling out of every corner of the internet of late - better they just shut up before they kill some poor innocent who is daft or uneducated enough to listen to them !

There, rant over :-) Carry on :-)

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (July 25th, 2021), billyhouston (July 25th, 2021), Dodger (July 25th, 2021), lukylok (July 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 25th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The ThailandIntervac site still shows "no more bookings at this time", although has been updated to include a list of designated hospitals avaiable for expat pre-registraion.

Most of the hospitals on the list show either "no bookings" or " check back later"., but at least it provides direct links to these other hospitals which may be helpful to some.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pfizer and AstraZenica vaccine donations form abroad due to arrive in Thailand.

Expats included in plan:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national...ca-150k-pfizer

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I heard that the walk-in Covid vaccination at Bang Sue is now available for 70+, reduced from 75 y.o. Sorry, no link.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

New Vaccine Registration Site for expats 60 and over who need their first jab;

Link to Registration Site included in article below.

https://pattayaone.news/online-regis...ns-for-expats/

Liked

New Vaccine Registration Site for expats 60 and over who need their first jab;
    The article notes that data from a previous registration database has been merged into the new database. The new database allows all foreigners to register, but notes the following:

Please note that priority is given to foreign residents aged 60 years and above and to those with pregnancy (at least 12 weeks) and those who have one of the 7 underlying medical conditions below:
    This registration site's link is: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

8. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 2nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I just received my first jab at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok.

I arrived thinking I was going to get the AstraZenica vaccine, but was given Pfizer.

They scheduled my return for a second jab of Pfizer in 3 weeks.

It's like Christmas!

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (August 12th, 2021), francois (August 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 12th, 2021), splinter1949 (August 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Intervac Vaccine Registration site has been updated.

Any expat (60 and over) who hasn't pre-registered for their first jab can do so here (Pfizer, AstraZenica, Sinovac):

https://www.thailandintervac.com.

Liked

In Pattaya at any rate there seems to be a rush on to get farangs over 60 vaccinated. I had my first AZ jab about a week ago after BHP contacted me out of the blue. A friend who had been complaining about the lack of action (medical variety) then had three offers of vaccination in as many days from three different sources and chose to have the Pfizer one in Sri Racha. Since it's all free, I'm a bit puzzled by the sudden haste, especially bearing in mind the delays in the population at large. In the usual run of things it's Thais first, farangs nowhere. A recognition of our value to an ailing economy? Doubtful. Not sure what the reason is.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    In Pattaya at any rate there seems to be a rush on to get farangs over 60 vaccinated. I had my first AZ jab about a week ago after BHP contacted me out of the blue. A friend who had been complaining about the lack of action (medical variety) then had three offers of vaccination in as many days from three different sources and chose to have the Pfizer one in Sri Racha. Since it's all free, I'm a bit puzzled by the sudden haste, especially bearing in mind the delays in the population at large. In the usual run of things it's Thais first, farangs nowhere. A recognition of our value to an ailing economy? Doubtful. Not sure what the reason is.
    I'm equally dumbfounded by this.

No complaints from me - but it sure is strange.