Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Expat Vaccine Registration

Liked

Re: Expat Vaccine Registration

Quote Originally Posted by 2lz2p View Post
    Their post is that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement. As mentioned, I hope it is true but would like to see a report that farangs 75 and over have been able to obtain the vaccine as stated. For those in Pattaya, it is a long trip along with maybe having to explain oneself at checkpoints to arrive and find it was incorrect information.
    There has already been a report by Manforallseasons confirming that he and others received vaccines there. So taking initiative got the rewards it deserved.
    He also included a photo which clearly showed a good proportion of farang in the waiting area.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Two more of my friends (over 75) went to Bang Sue today and got their vaccines without any hitches. Besides MFAS, who was the first person I know who went to Bang Sue, many others have gone and I have yet to hear of any problems.

Good Luck!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Two more of my friends (over 75) went to Bang Sue today and got their vaccines without any hitches. Besides MFAS, who was the first person I know who went to Bang Sue, many others have gone and I have yet to hear of any problems.

Good Luck!
    Thanks Dodger,

This was the information I was interested in seeing as those that previously obtained the vaccine, including myself, went to Bang Sue Grand station Gate 1. That program using Gate 1 ended on 18 July 2021.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement was for an apparent new program for the walk ins to go to the other Gates that have been used for those making appointments (age 60 or over or with certain underlying conditions). It is good to know those 75 & over can still walk in.

It is my understanding that for others including Thais that are under 75 must make an appointment and can't just walk in. As yet, I have not seen any information for farangs under 75 to register except for a telephone number. The reports I have seen is that if you call the number, it answers with a message in Thai and then hangs up. If any farang under 75 has been able to register, it would be helpful if they could post the information.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For those who may be interested here's a video taken yesterday ( credit Asian wish youtube channel) - of an Austrian guy going through the entire process of being vaccinated after being provided a first vaccine at the Bang Sue centre by their embassy. It shows the centre very busy with many farang in attendance it seems, with attempts at social distancing in place but perhaps not being very well policed ( compared to our local centres anyway). One valid point he made was that it took 3.5 hours in total and left him within 10 minutes of not making it back to Pattaya before curfew kicked in, so that's perhaps something to build into your plans if lucky enough to be called up I guess.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 21st, 2021), francois (July 22nd, 2021)

Liked

I returned to USA on 18 July and received my Covid vaccine, Pfizer, the following day at a local Pharmacy. Basically no one wears masks here except a few people who likely are not fully vaccinated. Night and day compared to Thailand! Should mention that the two airplanes were near empty on the trip; no waiting in line for the toilet!

7. 7 Users gave Like to post:

aussie (July 22nd, 2021), catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021), cdnmatt (July 22nd, 2021), Dodger (July 22nd, 2021), Jellybean (July 24th, 2021), Manforallseasons (July 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 23rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    For those who may be interested here's a video taken yesterday ( credit Asian wish youtube channel) - of an Austrian guy going through the entire process of being vaccinated after being provided a first vaccine at the Bang Sue centre by their embassy. It shows the centre very busy with many farang in attendance it seems, with attempts at social distancing in place but perhaps not being very well policed ( compared to our local centres anyway). One valid point he made was that it took 3.5 hours in total and left him within 10 minutes of not making it back to Pattaya before curfew kicked in, so that's perhaps something to build into your plans if lucky enough to be called up I guess.
    I am glad he got his vaccination, but according to the video it WAS NOT at Bang Sue Grand station. Rather it was doses announced by his Embassy at a different location in Bang Sue - from the video:

Your registration for covid-19 vaccine was successful. The vaccination date is tomorrow, Sunday 18 July at 4 pm at SCG (Siam Cement Group) Headquarters, 1 Cement Road, Bang Sue (Please note: NOT inside the Bang Sue Central Station).
    However, I think those going to Bang Sue Grand station may also encounter crowds and a lengthy wait, so should plan accordingly. The gates now used are those other than Gate 1, which was previously used for those 75 and older. I and some others went on 10 July to Gate 1 arriving about 2pm. It was not crowded and the process took a little over an hour for blood pressure check, registration, vaccination, and then 30 minute wait before leaving.

The primary delay was traffic around the station; it took over one hour to get there after exiting the expressway in mostly bumper to bumper traffic. It was a Saturday, so maybe more traffic around the station on the weekend. With the current lock down, maybe traffic will not be so bad.

However, while stalled in traffic, I did observe very large crowds massed before the other gates. At that time, those gates I believe were being used for those that were 60+ or underlying diseases that had made appointments.

Liked

In the states, as most of you know,,,there are NO lines to get a vaccine....You can get them free practically anywhere you live...the problem is too many americans are stupid not to get one.....other countries are begging for the vaccines to give to their people,

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021), francois (July 23rd, 2021)

Liked

So true, Blueskytoday! There are also Americans in Thailand that I know who refuse to get the Astra Zeneca vaccine and they are Trump disciples.

12. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (July 24th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois;281002

So true, Blueskytoday! There are also Americans in Thailand that I know who refuse to get the Astra Zeneca vaccine and they are Trump disciples.
    Good point.

Right now in the U.S. 40% of the new cases of covid are coming from 3 States; Missouri, Florida, and Texas. All 3 Trump Sates - where the governors are still encouraging people not to bother with the vaccine. Go figure!

I only have 2 friends in Thailand who were (are) Trump supporters, and to your point, they are both antimate about not getting any vaccine.

I don't see them much anynore!

Liked

Sorry to say, BUT,,if these clowns get deathly ill....I don't give a damn....I yell at the tv news when I see these people who will not get vaccinated....idiots...

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 25th, 2021), francois (July 24th, 2021)