Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: More hydra talk

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: More hydra talk

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    For "short-memory" people I remind: we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban (I think it was 6, but not sure about length and I am lazy to check records).
    So “frequent” was “sglad” all along? Amazing!

2. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (May 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    So now we know that sglad was banned because he was a hydra posting at the same time as sugargrandpa AND he was banned again because he was posting as sglad AND Frequent.
    That's not what Moses said, as clarified by Surfcrest in post #22. Please do not try to obfuscate the issues and twist other people's words to suit your agenda.

4. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I will continue to call out the nefarious behaviour of the collective mrgiggles et al and take the 24 hour ban. Probably starting now. As goji has pointed out, the appeal of posting here is diminishing by the day.
    "continue to call out"? Name one of bit of nefarious behavior I have engaged in? I dare you, you can't.
    NUN.png

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    That's not what Moses said, as clarified by Surfcrest in post #22. Please do not try to obfuscate the issues and twist other people's words to suit your agenda.
    With respect sglad I am neither twisting other people's words nor do I have an agenda. I have merely taken Surcrest's suggestion literally and read precisely what he wrote.

If you care to take some of your time to look back, you will note that on 19 February 2017 Surfcrest wrote this -

"Members,

Sugargrandpa and sglad have been banned as they are one and the same poster...or a hydra.
    As you know, I don't ban members very often and certainly not without violating any of our few..
    ."

That sglad is fact. As far as your also posting as Frequent, I refer you to Moses post #14 above which includes the following -

'we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban."

Now I am curious. In what way have these two very clear statements obfuscated in any way what the two gentlemen actually wrote? Since they are direct quotes, I fail to understand your concern.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

'we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban."

Now I am curious. In what way have these two very clear statements obfuscated in any way what the two gentlemen actually wrote? Since they are direct quotes, I fail to understand your concern.
    I think that you misread Moses' comments to mean that "Frequent/Sglad were the same person. I didn't read his comments that way, but understood him to mean that he was referring to two separate posters, as he went on to refer to his separate actions against them individually.

Now, as you are pointing the finger, perhaps you could also answer the question about your own posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Will you tell us what other handles you have posted under? You seem to know a lot about the history of posters for someone who only registered nine months ago!

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 27th, 2021), sglad (May 27th, 2021)

Liked

I think that you misread Moses' comments to mean that "Frequent/Sglad were the same person. I didn't read his comments that way, but understood him to mean that he was referring to two separate posters, as he went on to refer to his separate actions against them individually.

Now, as you are pointing the finger, perhaps you could also answer the question about your own posting history.
    I did indeed assume that Moses comment meant that if one of the two was banned, then they were probably the same person posting. But I am not sure what a clone really unless it is one person using another's name.

As for me, I did post many years ago when the Board was run by or about to be run by Neal but I have no idea what name I registered under. Like quite a number of posters, I have used different names for different reasons. As for history, did you not read Surfcrest's post - and indeed my earlier post? The Search function in this forum is particularly good - unlike another board I could name. It is easy looking up names and posts. And it is easy finding out the background to a particular course of action. You could join today and with an inquiring mind find out the course of a topic of discussion a number of years ago. It does take up a bit of time, but then when others make allegations that are incorrect, it is quite easy to find out if they were indeed incorrect to correct. You should try it.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Like quite a number of posters, I have used different names for different reasons
    But you don't remember any of the names that you previously used here?! Unlikely.

The Search function in this forum is particularly good.......It is easy looking up names and posts. And it is easy finding out the background to a particular course of action. You could join today and with an inquiring mind find out the course of a topic of discussion a number of years ago. It does take up a bit of time, but then when others make allegations that are incorrect, it is quite easy to find out if they were indeed incorrect to correct.
    That all sounds pretty obsessive to me, if you are really spending your time backtracking over everyone's posts in order to prove, to yourself if no one else, that A once posted as B. But not obsessive enough to remember your own previous names.

Hmmm. Perhaps you should use the search function to remind yourself, apparently it's very good!

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (May 28th, 2021), mr giggles (May 28th, 2021), Surfcrest (June 10th, 2021)

Liked

But you don't remember any of the names that you previously used here?! Unlikely.!
    You remember all the passwords you have used over the years for all your various cards, accounts, memberships and so on? I certainly have no clue what I was using ten years ago.

That all sounds pretty obsessive to me, if you are really spending your time backtracking over everyone's posts in order to prove, to yourself if no one else, that A once posted as B. But not obsessive enough to remember your own previous names.
    That is not what I did and not what I said i did. You put words in my mouth. You clearly have no idea how the Search function works and how easy it is to find the posting of ONE member. Sometimes that can lead you to another what another member wrote. As i said try it. It can take up 5 - 10 minutes of your time. But then if you don't believe something, nothing is going to persuade you. Fine.

Even if I did remember, I see no reason to reveal whatever posting name/s I might have used in the past. It's irrelevant. After all, did you not write this earlier in this thread in Post#11?

I do hope someone is keeping tally of all the posters who have posted under other names, because I really can't be bothered. Sometimes it seems as if the majority have posted at some stage under another name.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

Indeed. Having you post the news, followed by Dodger repeating it a day or two later, becomes tedious. Especially when the repetition is accompanied by the whole jaded expat schtick of running down the country you have chosen to inhabit.
    Brad, I have the Board Troll and his hydras on ignore. So I don't read anything they post.

If you don't like the repetition, then don't participate in this post. Up2U.

As far as your dig about my jaded views, and putting down Thailand goes, I look at everything in life objectively...give credit where credit is due...and criticize conditions when I think it's warranted, including the place I call home. That's my prerogative, and I respect people who do the same.

There are a lot of wonderful things I love about Thailand, otherwise, I wouldn't be here. But I see it for what it is: The good, the bad, and the ugly. Ignoring these aspects of one's environment is where "jaded" comes from. Maybe that's your cup of tea - but it's not mine.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (June 18th, 2021), Patanawet (June 18th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Brad, I have the Board Troll and his hydras on ignore. So I don't read anything they post.
    A good policy. One just needs to add new handles to the list occasionally.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 18th, 2021), Patanawet (June 18th, 2021)