Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: More hydra talk

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Thailand's Reopening Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    A good policy. One just needs to add new handles to the list occasionally.
    Brad will never win against The Bookburners - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...No-platforming

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 18th, 2021), mr giggles (June 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Brad, I have the Board Troll and his hydras on ignore. So I don't read anything they post.

If you don't like the repetition, then don't participate in this post. Up2U.
    It's fine for you and Goji to have other posters on ignore, it's just not great for everyone else having an echo on the board that repeats what someone else has already written/linked to. There is obviously no way of checking a duplication without reading the post!

4. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (June 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

yeah - and just imagine how good it would be if that one poster didn't bother posting under their usual multiple handles, leading to people to not HAVE to put them on ignore in the first place !

Just imagine if they perhaps started posting just like a sane normal person for a change, who didn't sit replying to their own posts under different names and carrying on conversations "with themselves" like a crazy person - wouldn't that be just great - in the meantime while that's still being allowed to happen people are quite right and quite entitled to put them on ignore - for the sake of THEIR own sanity if nothing else.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 18th, 2021), goji (June 18th, 2021), mr giggles (June 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

It's fine for you and Goji to have other posters on ignore, it's just not great for everyone else having an echo on the board that repeats what someone else has already written/linked to. There is obviously no way of checking a duplication without reading the post!
    It's not just me and Goji that have the Board Troll and his hydras on "ignore", it's the majority of active members who do most of the posting here who have them on "ignore". So for us, there's no concern about reading duplicate posts.

If you're bothered by having to read duplicate posts, then why are you reading duplicate posts? The posts that have you upset now both pertain to "the reopening of Thailand". It says so right in the titles. That being the case, you didn't even have to bother opening the duplicate, making the basis of your complaint meritless.

It's not the duplicate post that has you upset. It's something else. And that's something you'll have to work out with yourself. Don't continue to derail our discussions with your baseless complaints. It's getting to be a bit much.

Now that you've involved yourself in 2 posts pertaining to the same topic, is there a reason why you didn't contribute to the topic?

8. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 18th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    yeah - and just imagine how good it would be if that one poster didn't bother posting under their usual multiple handles, leading to people to not HAVE to put them on ignore in the first place !

Just imagine if they perhaps started posting just like a sane normal person for a change, who didn't sit replying to their own posts under different names and carrying on conversations "with themselves" like a crazy person - wouldn't that be just great - in the meantime while that's still being allowed to happen people are quite right and quite entitled to put them on ignore - for the sake of THEIR own sanity if nothing else.
    And then there’s this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    So many cries about "hydras" and no one provides proof of accusation for many years. Please stop to issue unproved statements or provide the proof. Point.

Liked

Oh my god...

You guys really need to give some acting lessons to the women on those "The Real House Wives of..." shows. YOu'd be able to teach them a thing or two about drama.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

It's not the duplicate post that has you upset. It's something else. And that's something you'll have to work out with yourself. Don't continue to derail our discussions with your baseless complaints. It's getting to be a bit much.
    Just what the board needs is an amateur psychiatrist with faux buddhist philosophy and a power complex.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (June 21st, 2021), mr giggles (June 19th, 2021)

Liked

1 I'll carry on using the ignore feature as I see fit. I highly recommend it to ignore people who never add anything positive to the discussion. I have just added one participant in this thread to the list today.

2 It would be preferable if people refrain from quoting those on IGNORE lists purely so we don't miss their posts. We INTEND to miss their posts, so please only quote them if there is a specific reply you are making to their content.
    Of course there is no obligation to do that, but anyone mainly quoting ignored members can easily be added to my ignore list.

3 If I or other members occasionally & accidentally duplicate something by an ignored member and that is unacceptable for certain people, they are free to put me or the other members on their ignore lists.

Complaining is unlikely to be effective, particularly when we don't even see the complaints.
    [Long list of ignored posts to follow]

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 19th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

In the many years I’ve been on this board only lately do I use the ignore function however, by continuing the conversation about said trolls you in fact feed them the attention they need to continue so ignore them as well and don’t bother with a discussion about them.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

16. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 19th, 2021)

Liked

I'm sorry Goji but you don't have the right to expect others to not quote those on your ignore list. It's an infringement.

18. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 19th, 2021), Khor tose (August 2nd, 2021), mr giggles (June 19th, 2021)