Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydras / Trolls / Ignore

Liked

Re: The Upside of This Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    What a croc of shit Moses - and you know it !!!
    Here will be no inquisition or lynching while I am owner. I do not follow crowd's cries. Prove cloning or use "Ignore" button if you don't want to see some users here.

I can tell you what is real shit: real shit is to meet every new user with cries "you are hydra!!! I see it in my crystal ball (or balls)".
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2021), dab69 (May 21st, 2021), dinagam (May 21st, 2021), Khor tose (May 21st, 2021), mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), snotface (May 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I believe actually the onus is on YOU to prove cloning ( as you always claimed you could) - if you cant stand over that then you should just admit that and deal with things proactively from that point on.

But whatever, personally I'm past caring, it's all just got a little bit to silly now to even bother. Im very clear it's your board and your rules. Enjoy.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 22nd, 2021), Manforallseasons (May 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Not to point out the obvious here, but you guys do realize that you non-stop post on a near daily basis about "trolls" and specifically Stevie.

If you guys are getting all worked up over him posting here (or myself, or whoever), then you're kind of doing it to yourselves.
    I’d have thought a bunch of Old Age Pensioners would have experienced the menopause but this round of posts shows they’re still experiencing “that time of the month”.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I’d have thought a bunch of Old Age Pensioners would have experienced the menopause but this round of posts shows they’re still experiencing “that time of the month”.
    Yeah, considering how some of them post, it almost seems as though they need to check their blood pressure after browsing SGT for a few minutes because you get them so worked up for some reason.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Yeah, considering how some of them post, it almost seems as though they need to check their blood pressure after browsing SGT for a few minutes because you get them so worked up for some reason.
    And worked up about posters they mostly claim to be ignoring. I guess they have a sense of belonging and therefore “ownership”, otherwise they’d take goji’s advice and decamp to Gaybutton.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    He is basically telling Moses to piss off....... I will do as I please!

MOSES WAKE UP!!!

He and his hydras wouldn’t last a day on Gaybutton.
    Err, is Gaybutton still operating? In the Gay World section, the last post was made on April 27 - LAST YEAR! And who made it? Your alter ego, Undaunted!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I would advise everyone here, with the exception of cdnMatt, to use the ignore function if the presence of our resident Troll is bothering you.

As I've stated before, the "Ignore Tool" works perfectly. For instance, I have not been exposed to a single "word" posted by the person I believe is our resident Troll (or his 6 Hydra's) since activating "Ignore". It's as though he doesn't exist which is exactly where I want him.

If you continue to read and react to his posts - he'll continue to have control over you. It's that simple. He, like most Trolls. feed off other people's frustrations, and have to feel that they are in control, which, according to the experts, commonly results from a deep-seeded sense of insecurity and low self-esteem. Many also suffer from narcissistic personality disorders (ours certainly does), where they actually start to panic if they start losing control and aren't getting the level of attention they need…become even more bitter...and always seek revenge.

These are all very nasty accusations I'm making, but that's exactly what makes Trolls tick. The person I believe is a Troll (and his 6 Hydra's) on our Board is no different.

This most recent flare-up which now involves the Board Owner, is EXACTLY what the Troll wants. He now sees himself as the Victor, and all those who have become angry and frustrated over his existence, are simply the losers in his eyes.

As far as anyone having the capacity to "prove" that a person is in fact a Troll is next to impossible. Trolls, like ours, know this full-well and will play it for all it's worth. It becomes their shield. That's where common sense, experience, and sound leadership have to come into play.

We all know what the options are: I've opted to use the "Ignore" function, because it works for me. What doesn't work is when other members keep allowing the Troll to bait them to the point this ends up being another heated discussion and disrupts the Board. Again, this is exactly what the Troll wants, and counterproductive to any attempts by members like me (and others) to block him out of our hemispheres.

The Board owner has taken the position to do nothing. He couldn't have made that point clearer. It's his Board and he has the right to operate any way he chooses. But, as members, we have the exclusive privilege of operating any way that we choose as well. We have 3 options: 1) We can stop posting on Sawatdee and switch to another Board and/or Gay Blog. 2) We can continue on as we have in the past and just put up with the Trolls antics, or 3) We can put the Troll (and his Hydra's) on "Ignore", which in affect places him (them) in quarantine.

For the time being, I have selected option #3. If enough members choose to do the same I'm confident that the person, that many of the senior members believe is a Troll and his Hydra's, can be placed effectively in quarantine to allow the quality of our Board discussions to continue on as they have for the past 20 years.

A Troll’s ultimate objective is to destroy a Board. It’s important that everyone knows this. Indications that they are succeeding usually can be seen on Boards when senior members start leaving, new members stop joining, and members who still exist are completely consumed with trivial bitter arguments. Let’s not let this happen. Use the “Ignore” function, and let those members who still want to have dialogue with the Troll continue to do so.

When I asked Moses for instructions regarding how to use the "Ignore" function a few months ago, he responded immediately with clear and concise instructions. It really is a simple and effective process.

Moses, please tell me if I violated any Board Rules by making any of the statements above. If the answer is "yes", I will modify accordingly. If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.

10. 6 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 22nd, 2021), francois (May 22nd, 2021), goji (May 21st, 2021), mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), Ruthrieston (May 21st, 2021), StevieWonders (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    ...If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.
    Do you have to? What's the point? You and others have made your position clear, Moses has made his clear. Just act according to one of your options and leave the rest of us to decide for ourselves. We are quite capable of doing that, you know.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2021), mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), Sen Yai (May 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post

Do you have to? What's the point? You and others have made your position clear, Moses has made his clear. Just act according to one of your options and leave the rest of us to decide for ourselves. We are quite capable of doing that, you know.
    A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.

This forum isn't exactly a bustling online metropolis. There's maybe 20 members here...

15. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (May 21st, 2021)