Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hydras / Trolls / Ignore

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Upside of This Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

And to gain greater attention to yourself, all in the name of the public good.
    Brad, in the +20 years that I've been contributing to these gay forums. it's always been for the same two reasons: First, because I really enjoy writing, and secondly, because I really enjoy writing things that I think others will enjoy reading.

I found your comment to be extremely insulting.

2. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Poor dear goji. The greatest number of posts in the past 24 hours have been about whether or not Board members are hydras or trolls and how to Ignore such posters, not whether some obscure bar (currently closed) has attractive prostitutes. What are these hundreds (thousands?) of potential posters to make of such a Forum? goji and friends could hardly have come up with a more effective strategy to kill off SGT altogether.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 21st, 2021), cdnmatt (May 21st, 2021), mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), snotface (May 21st, 2021)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Brad, in the +20 years that I've been contributing to these gay forums. it's always been for the same two reasons: First, because I really enjoy writing, and secondly, because I really enjoy writing things that I think others will enjoy reading.

I found your comment to be extremely insulting.
    I have enjoyed many of your posts, but the verbose lecture about how to run the board and constant urgings by you and others to block posters who you consider to be using multiple handlers is tedious, pointless and unhelpful to the forum.

The hysteria and paranoia displayed would be expected from menopausal suburban housewives not seasoned sex tourists.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 21st, 2021), snotface (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

In a bizarre amd quite surreal muse our intrepid hero is now comparing the large numbers of posters who've put him on ignore with book burning in 1930s Germany.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    In a bizarre amd quite surreal muse our intrepid hero is now comparing the large numbers of posters who've put him on ignore with book burning in 1930s Germany.
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...No-platforming

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Thanks for the clarification:

... there's definitely an opportunity to grow this number, as I'm sure you're aware.....

I'm sure everyone here has an idea or two as to how to accomplish this. I only have one:

- Remove any obstacles that would prevent people from wanting to participate.

How ironic when the bully says this, when he is the biggest obstacle.
    He accuses posters such as myself as being fake (I am not, I have only 1 handle, but can only speak for myself- otherwise Moses would have banned me), yet he can't even be true to himself! He was a raving heterosexual for decades before he decided to come clean- what a faker and scammer to woman!
    Is it any wonder that there are few posters or members here- honestly, who needs to put up with his crap. At the moment, this poster likes the sound of his own voice and dominating the forum by ping-pong posts with one or 2 of his minions. Of course, he would resent anyone else with a different view who might take the spotlight off of him. He tries to discredit others with no evidence, even after being challenged, typical bullying behaviour.

I remember when ChristianPFC was often attacked and scoffed about and doubted early days on here, and now he is a moderator and doing a great job.

I’ll finish this by using the old saying : “Be kind to everyone on the way up; you'll meet the same people on the way down”.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    some members should use ignore function and should stop to accuse other members as a hydra without proof. Because "I believe" or "I think" isn't proof - it is witch-hunting and lynching. At past few years every (every!!!) new member got accusation in been hydra. It is not active position. It has another name: paranoia. And I don't want to join this hunting. I believe in idea: person is not guilty until proven guilty
    I totally agree in principle. But let's not forget that when sglad joined the Board he was warmly welcomed. Yet he turned down an offer to meet at least one other member in Chiang Mai where he was allegedly studying [sic]. Quite quickly another regular member stated he was a troll. That member was soon berated.

After he started on a Beachlover-type series of insulting posts about one or two members who contributed quite regularly, he was discovered to be a hydra. His alternate registered name was SugarGrandpa. No one had put together "s" "g" in sglad and "S" and "G' in SugarGrandpa, Yet when SugarGrandpa began to post at the same time as sglad, Surfcrest outed them as a hydra and banned both. Then, inexplicably, he reversed the ban a month later. As far as I recall, he gave no reason for reversing the ban. But since sglad has already been outed as a hydra, how to we know that he no longer posts as just one member? And why is he still permitted to be a member?

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 22nd, 2021)

Liked

What an inspiring, constructive, and all around uplifting thread this has evolved into.

Can't wait to enjoy my golden years..

13. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (May 21st, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What an inspiring, constructive, and all around uplifting thread this has evolved into.

Can't wait to enjoy my golden years..
    Don’t forget the incontinence pads you’ll be needing as you get to the age of our elderly Pattaya members.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post

I have enjoyed many of your posts, but the verbose lecture about how to run the board and constant urgings by you and others to block posters who you consider to be using multiple handlers is tedious, pointless and unhelpful to the forum.

The hysteria and paranoia displayed would be expected from menopausal suburban housewives not seasoned sex tourists.
    The Trolls seem to appreciate your response. I'll leave it at that.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (May 21st, 2021), mr giggles (May 21st, 2021)