Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Beats to Legalize Prostitution

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Drum Beats to Legalize Prostitution

Who knows if there will ever be any forward progress on legalizing prostitution in Thailand - but at least the drums are beating.

The PattayaOne article below provides a thumb-nail sketch of the efforts being made - for what it's worth:

https://pattayaone.news/thai-governm...-prostitution/

Liked

Re: Drum Beats to Legalize Prostitution

If anything, the current trend is to increase the number of petty restrictions, which will be ignored.
    Hence restrictions on bar opening and so on, despite widespread vaccination of the Thai population.

One would almost think these restrictions exist purely to allow the establishment to collect tea money.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 25th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Has there ever been a military junta, anywhere in the world, that relaxes laws involving social conduct rather than making them more stringent? I'm surprised that there haven't been more attacks on our community, as well as on these women trying to make an honest living. I suspect that women have two roles in junta ideology; firstly as wives, cooks and mothers and secondly as mia nois.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (December 26th, 2021)

Liked

Considering that prostitution in Thailand might technically be illegal, I think everyone reading this knows the real story. Legalizing it almost seems superfluous.

In my opinion, if they simply legalize it and then leave it alone, fine. No problem. But if they legalize it and then start trying to put in controls, rules, setting prices, and restrictions, that could spell trouble. Personally I'd rather just leave the status quo as it is and just ignore it. I see it as an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If there really is a necessity for legalizing prostitution in Thailand, I don't see it.

What I do see, however, is I believe it is high time that the age of consent be lowered from 18 to 17, or in this day and age, even 16.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

u want to make prostitution legal.....ok...but [Deleted text] ...really?!?! thought my moral compass was wonky...but yours is missing

Some text was deleted under rule 3.2.3 (1).

Jellybean
    Last edited by Jellybean; December 26th, 2021 at 04:53.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    u want to make prostitution legal.....ok...but [Deleted text] ....really?!?! thought my moral compass was wonky...but yours is missing
    That’s not what he said....
    Last edited by Jellybean; December 26th, 2021 at 04:55. Reason: Some quoted text was deleted under Rule 3.2.3 (1)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    u want to make prostitution legal.....ok...but [Deleted text] ....really?!?! thought my moral compass was wonky...but yours is missing
    Arguably there are some who prefer Asian prostitutes because they look [Deleted text] There’s one poster here who makes no secret of his dislike of any evidence of adult characteristics such as body or facial hair in his partners
    Last edited by Jellybean; December 26th, 2021 at 04:59. Reason: Some text and quoted text was deleted under rule 3.2.3 (1)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    Considering that prostitution in Thailand might technically be illegal, I think everyone reading this knows the real story. Legalizing it almost seems superfluous.

In my opinion, if they simply legalize it and then leave it alone, fine. No problem. But if they legalize it and then start trying to put in controls, rules, setting prices, and restrictions, that could spell trouble. Personally I'd rather just leave the status quo as it is and just ignore it. I see it as an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If there really is a necessity for legalizing prostitution in Thailand, I don't see it.

What I do see, however, is I believe it is high time that the age of consent be lowered from 18 to 17, or in this day and age, even 16.
    The age of consent in Thailand is only 18 where there is a presumption of prostitution

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/week...t-in-thailand/

Liked

"thought my moral compass was wonky."
    My moral compass is in the same cardboard box as the Space Hopper, Flight Deck and Pop Tarts. A good idea that didn't work..

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 26th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The average punter in Thailand (gay or str8) prefers having sex with prostitutes who are less than half his age. That's just a fact. And, If anyone's moral compass was fully calibrated they wouldn't be coming to Thailand to have sex with prostitutes to begin with, so let's leave "morals" out of this.

I agree with Gaybutton: It's probably best to allow Prostitution to operate the way it always has in Thailand. Legal, or illegal, is of little interest to anyone.

How would the Prostitutes benefit from having their profession legalized? No one in the Kingdom received any meaningful financial support from the government when becoming unemployeed during this pandemic. A lot of promises were made, but the farmers I know, who have some of the hardest jobs, haven't received more than a few thousand baht in the past 20 months from the government. So who's kidding who?

The average Sex Worker makes a hell of a lot more money than the average Thai wage earner...have flexible work schedules...and spend less than 2 hours a day actually delivering the service they're selling. Not bad, considering they make more money than the Mayor.

If they really cared about the welfare of the Prostitutes they would just reopen the bars and nightly entertainment venues and get out of the way. The Prostitutes know how to do the rest...and that's all the tourists are concerned about.