Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More Silom Soi 4 news

Liked

Re: More Silom Soi 4 news

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Oh dear - Pantanawet is evidently not a Friend Of Ross. Must be attending the wrong staff meetings.:
    True to my principle of not feeding childish serial trollsters, as they say in BBC's Dragon's Den "On that basis -- I'm out".

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (July 13th, 2021), Dodger (June 22nd, 2021), StevieWonders (June 20th, 2021), TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Thanks Cameron. I wasn’t of course suggesting that Pride was doing the old coffee cups routine - heaven forbid - even though I mentioned I had dinner there. I’m afraid there are posters who can’t conceive that if they don’t experience something for themselves then no one else has experienced it either.

Liked

Thanks Cameron. I wasn’t of course suggesting that Pride was doing the old coffee cups routine - heaven forbid - even though I mentioned I had dinner there. I’m afraid there are posters who can’t conceive that if they don’t experience something for themselves then no one else has experienced it either.
    The reality is we all know that in the past you put the Beer in a coffee cup and all good. But last night i witnessed a "Know Spy" for the police looking at paper cups and then walked off into the dark on his phone. I had the feeling that a raid was about to happen and warned the neighbors. Sure enough Police in uniform show up minutes later walking around checking. Its my belief that despite being told "Just put it in paper coffee cups" its a setup.

This has been going on for months now that you get told its ok to do something and then the next night uniform police show up to see if they can catch you doing the wrong thing. It is for this reason Pride is never open after midnight. Despite others being offered (for a fee) to stay open till 2am we don't want to play along. Our license is till midnight and that's when we will close. Others are free to do as they want but I am just not willing to play along.

I have seen clients coming into my Restaurant ordering a glass of Coke and then toping it up with a bottle from a backpack. Even this I don't allow anymore as simply speaking the fine will be too great and as i am not selling the whisky I gain no benefit and yet hold all of the risk of a fine.

Right now my feeling is not to sell alcohol and wait for expected news that we can legally sell within the next 2 weeks.

As many know Pride Restaurant is used by many local office staff as a canteen. On an average day level 3 has 20 staff working (Mostly software development and IT). This pays the bills and allows us to stay open and support the local community in any way we can.

My neighbors have been doing it very tough the last year or so and I do my best I can to support them. Believe it or not we are a bit of a close community in Soi 4 and we all talk and catch up daily to see who needs help. My Boys are out fixing electrical, air conditioners, broken drains and many other tasks for free when we can. This not only keeps us busy but also keeps everybody ready for when we can again fully open.

Balcony and Telephone will re open as soon as they can sell Alcohol.

Keep in mind many of the staff needed are currently up country. Few owners provide accommodation, food and salary during this time. So it is going to take them a little time to get everything back online and working again if they have closed down but as always it will be back as soon as is legally possible.

I think talk of locals that are supporting customer requests of "A drink in a cup" needs to be avoided online. This only comes back to hurt the people we are all trying to support who are all going through a tough time right now. Last thing I want to see is good customers being dragged off the street by police for drinking and fined (And possibly deported as the law has been amended).

The one thing many like myself have noticed with this recent Covid lockdown is that people are not ordering food delivery same as last year. So the restaurants that hoped to get a small amount of money doing delivery have discovered this is simply not working as it did last time. So the local businesses are trying harder then ever to take care of the few clients they do get to come and visit each day.

Tomorrow we all plan to be open till 11pm so lets see how it goes and hope this is the start of things getting better soon.

More info on Pride during Covid on our website https://pridethailand.com/news/pridecommunity

5. 16 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 23rd, 2021), arsenal (June 21st, 2021), Dboy (June 28th, 2021), gerefan2 (June 21st, 2021), Jellybean (June 21st, 2021), Josan (June 22nd, 2021), Mancs (June 21st, 2021), Maxxy (June 23rd, 2021), Moses (June 21st, 2021), Patanawet (June 21st, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 21st, 2021), snotface (June 21st, 2021), splinter1949 (June 22nd, 2021), steveky (July 5th, 2021), StevieWonders (June 21st, 2021), TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Hi Cameron

Is your BBQ a weekly event now? One boy I know hadn’t heard about it and your Facebook page doesn’t mention the time AFAIK (I’m told it’s 4PM to 6PM).

Liked

Hi Cameron

Is your BBQ a weekly event now? One boy I know hadn’t heard about it and your Facebook page doesn’t mention the time AFAIK (I’m told it’s 4PM to 6PM).
    Yes its a Sunday thing from 4:00pm for around 3 hours. Even in the rain! Lucky yesterday The rain waited till 7:00pm!

We do also have plans to do a Sunday Roast like they used to do at Mollys but for now just the BBQ.

8. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Well said Cameron.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 23rd, 2021), TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

Liked

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Mancs (June 22nd, 2021), TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

CameronPride and Patanawet:

Your updates on Silom Soi 4 are much appreciated.

Don't worry about the fake news which is constantly being posted by our resident troll. He is on our "Ignore"

Keep the fires burning,,,and hope to see you in July.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 23rd, 2021), Patanawet (June 23rd, 2021), TaoR (June 22nd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by CameronPride View Post

Balcony and Telephone will re open as soon as they can sell Alcohol.
    Cameron,

Balcony seems to be jumping the gun by opening July 1st, unless they plan for the alcohol ban to be lifted by then. Do I have this right.

I'm planning a visit in July and just trying to get my bearings straight.

Thanks in advance.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Cameron,

Balcony seems to be jumping the gun by opening July 1st,
    I didn't see any suggestion that Balcony was planning to open in any other way than Connections and Pride open now.
    However, me not being a rumour merchant (I'll leave that to others), couldn't possibly mention that rumours abound at the moment that from the 1st of July, restaurants will be able to sell alcohol(but still not pubs etc).

17. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 23rd, 2021), StevieWonders (June 23rd, 2021)