Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: More Silom Soi 4 news

Liked

Re: More Silom Soi 4 news

He didn't mention Connections which has always been open (except Mondays) for deliveries and dine-in when allowed. Strange -- it is directly opposite his place Pride.

Liked

Woops sorry wrong link. Sen Yai got the correct one above..

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Bless him, even he was struggling to say anything other than "welcome ok, yes there are just two restaurants are open just now still' there in that video no matter how hard he tried to be upbeat ......sad to see the Soi looking like that.
    Unless I’m travelling alone I’ve always regarded dining out as a social activity so sitting alone at a table shouting across to a friend sitting alone at another table holds no allure. I haven’t, in fact, been out and about at all this entire month - not me, nor any of my consorts.

No Platformed
    Liked

G’s is now selling meals labelled “cannabis”. They’re also closed both Sundays and now Mondays. I’d been leaving both those items for Patanawet to announce but I guess he must, most unusually, to have missed the staff meeting. Pride is closed for a couple of days for “renovations”

No Platformed
    Liked

A friend of mine who was there last night (Friday) messaged me to say the place was like a graveyard. According to him, only two places open - Connections and G’s - and customers fewer than double figures.

No Platformed
    Liked

All things considered (only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban), Soi 4 was fairly busy last night. Pride (where I was), Connections and G’s were doing well with Pride sending meals across the street to Connections as well. The only thing missing was the boys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    All things considered (only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban), Soi 4 was fairly busy last night. Pride (where I was), Connections and G’s were doing well with Pride sending meals across the street to Connections as well. The only thing missing was the boys.
    This post has been pointed out to me so I reluctantly opened it.
    "(only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban),". REALLY?? More unfounded rumours? At which restaurant did the writer illegally imbibe?

Connections total 5 customers that night.

Any chance the title of this thread could be re-named "More soi 4 FAKE news"?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    This post has been pointed out to me so I reluctantly opened it.
    "(only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban),". REALLY?? More unfounded rumours? At which restaurant did the writer illegally imbibe?

Connections total 5 customers that night.

Any chance the title of this thread could be re-named "More soi 4 FAKE news"?
    Oh dear - Pantanawet is evidently not a Friend Of Ross. Must be attending the wrong staff meetings.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    He didn't mention Connections which has always been open (except Mondays) for deliveries and dine-in when allowed. Strange -- it is directly opposite his place Pride.
    Connections close on Mondays. So they were closed on the Monday i made the video. Something Ross made very clear to me.

From Monday G's and Pride are open till 11pm and Connections will be open Tuesday - Sunday till 11pm.

Pride does a free BBQ every Sunday from 4:00pm - 7pm

I been keeping the 37 staff at Pride working and busy renovating the restaurant. So we are ready to reopen better then before. Thanks to all that support the Soi and give us some hope.

As to the question of the Covid Vax we sent the boys to the Center in north Bangkok to get the shots and have already had 2nd shots. So has most of the other Thai staff currently working in the Soi.

Adam massage opened also this week again. Nice to see the Soi coming to life.

10. 8 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 21st, 2021), Dodger (June 22nd, 2021), Mancs (June 21st, 2021), Patanawet (June 20th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 21st, 2021), steveky (July 5th, 2021), StevieWonders (June 20th, 2021), TaoR (June 20th, 2021)

Liked

Pride had 11 customers last night and I can say Connections was doing well. Keep in mind we all must have reduced seating so while it can appear the Restaurants in Soi 4 have low numbers we are starting to get a good flow again. Its not good but its something so that's a good start.

The police visited the Soi last night to remind that the sale of Alcohol is still not permitted. This despite some local police telling us that the old "In Coffee Cups" was ok .... Clearly this is now not the case and we wait for news next week about it.

It would appear the local boys in blue say one thing and then quickly call in other police to bust anybody drinking. The point here is that you cant trust anything here right now so i think the current shops are not going sell due to the local police setting us up for fins that they then go back and share. If you think you can pay off the police at this time you are mistaken.

I suggest the real target is the Customers Drinking in violation of the law. As such you should avoid it even if anybody offers to sell you a alcohol in a cup.

If you need a drink.. Go buy it at 7Eleven and take it home. Right now its not worth the risk in Silom.

My personal feeling is that things will continue to get more relaxed from the start of next month. Many of the other owners in Soi 4 are expecting to reopen next month also.

12. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (June 21st, 2021), Mancs (June 21st, 2021), Patanawet (June 20th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 21st, 2021), StevieWonders (June 20th, 2021), TaoR (June 20th, 2021)