Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: More Silom Soi 4 news

Liked

Re: More Silom Soi 4 news

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Wouldn't restaurants be exempt from compulsory mask wearing ?
    Yes they would. I wasn't asking about restaurants. I was asking if people on the soi were wearing the face masks. Apparently it is too much to ask, especially if the question comes from me. Obviously the only answer I'll get are insult attempts.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton View Post
    With or without face masks?
    It is not mandatory to wear a face mask in a restaurant for obvious reasons. The capacity/distancing rules are supposed to be sufficient. Someone walking in the Soi is however obligated to wear a mask. I regard that as irrational but them’s the rules

Liked

vnman, the latest and most welcome refugee to cross the sea to seek and find sanctuary here has posted photos of the bars in full swinging action mode. That should answer any questions about mask wearing or not.

There's a boy here, a nice looking boy who works in the club and spends the whole evening wearing his mask. Then he complains that he hasn't got a girlfriend. Go figure.

4. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (November 22nd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    There's a boy here, a nice looking boy who works in the club and spends the whole evening wearing his mask. Then he complains that he hasn't got a girlfriend. Go figure.
    There is an unfortunate trend for Thai boys on Grindr to have profile pics with a face mask. I envisage making lots of requests for a photo without a face mask.
    Although some might say I should follow suit.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    There is an unfortunate trend for Thai boys on Grindr to have profile pics with a face mask. I envisage making lots of requests for a photo without a face mask.
    Although some might say I should follow suit.
    The same can be seen on sites like HUnqz or boys4u-where in EUR guys advertise their services. The reason is daft simple, IMHO: they want to show its safe to visit them as they take precautions and hence will not infect you. here many also proudly state they have been vaccinated twice.
    Just try if you still get enough response posing without a MNC=mouth nose cover?
    But it would be interesting to check which would offer more response-just make a comparison with 2 accounts?!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (November 23rd, 2021)

Liked

There is no complete certainty of not catching the virus even for those who are receiving multiple doses of the vaccines when indulging in intense sexual activities without the masks on, so what's the point in posting your pics with masks on, or are you trying to suggest that doing a 69 would make the encounter safer and in compliance with the standard operating procedures? So many 'vulnerable' people over the age of 65 are ever so eager to indulge in passionate love - making upon their return to Thailand, so be damned with the mask charade.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    vnman, the latest and most welcome refugee to cross the sea to seek and find sanctuary here has posted photos of the bars in full swinging action mode. That should answer any questions about mask wearing or not.

Agreed Arenal, those pictures don't lie.

Soi 2 was very well regulated. No vaccination meant no entry. When the bars closed, most people walked into Silom Rd wearing masks, and a few waited until they were leaving the area. If we ever want to get back to some form of "normal," being in a vaccinated environment should mean we can do without a mask. Is that 100% safe? Probably not, but as with everything in life, we take calculated risks.

I've spent 2 months in a Spanish hospital because of COVID, but I'm happy with initiatives like this. It's for me to decide if I want to subject myself to these encounters that are deemed reasonable safe by the powers that be.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Soi 2 was very well regulated. No vaccination meant no entry..
    How did they administer that?
    What document was required by farangs?
    Would they accept a UK document? Health service letter as accepted by Thai Pass?

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Would they accept a UK document? Health service letter as accepted by Thai Pass?
    On arrival you must show you have downloaded the Morchana App. Setting that up links to your Thailand Pass which contains your vaccination status. Despite the “banana republic” level of IT skills and government incompetence generally the intentions are there (when it works)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    As StevieWonders said, I showed them the Morchana app, but that sadly didn't work. A screenshot of the Thailand pass did the trick. They followed the QR code and that showed my vaccination status.

13. User who gave Like to post:

goji (November 23rd, 2021)