Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: More Silom Soi 4 news

Liked

Re: More Silom Soi 4 news

Sorry, I posted this before in a wrong thread.

SILOM SOI 4 RE-OPEN - sort of. Monday 1st of November.
    The bars/restaurants in the soi were told at about 4 o/clock that they could sell alcohol till 9.
    The soi was surprisingly busy and bright after a typical, end of rainy season, monsoon.
    Connections, Pride and Balcony open.
    All 3 restaurants had many customers.
    Telephone not open. (Rumours abound).

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the new restaurant/bar on the corner of Silom owned by two 'ladies'.
    It was formerly 'Eat Man- Eat Woman".
    I'm told that in addition to the ground floor there will be a Korean restaurant above and eventually a cabaret bar above that.
    Balcony was particularly busy because they held their quiz night.
    I counted about six teams of 4+ . More, I think, than a normal quiz night. Lots of voucher prizes but the jackpot not won and rolls over.
    And a free Balcony Members' dinner on Wednesday.
    I left about 9:15 and there were still plenty of people hanging around.

Let's hope that in 4 weeks time, everything will be open including Jupiter, Strangers and Tapas/Welcome.

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

daydreamer (November 3rd, 2021), Dodger (November 2nd, 2021), gerefan2 (November 2nd, 2021), goji (November 14th, 2021), Jellybean (November 2nd, 2021), splinter1949 (November 3rd, 2021), vnman (November 4th, 2021)

Liked

I made it to soi4 last night at about 6 o/clock.
    Connections bar was busiest in the soi at that time.
    Very soon the soi filled. and by the time the live music started, it was packed.
    When I say filled -- even the terrace on the now closed Telephone pub (now operated by Pride and soon to open as Circus) was full.

Balcony had a tuneful 3 piece band and at Pride the wonderful Aom Am (Oma), finalist in Voice Thailand series 5, was belting it out like days of old. Hearing her was like the old soi4 --- as were the crowds.
    Balcony had it's pool table operating again.
    Connections was full and Ross the owner brought an extra table for me onto the soi. Food was cooked by his partner Aek who is also a talented artist in oils, pencil and sculpture -- what other talents does this boy have? -- well you'd have to ask Ross that. So busy that Ross is taking on a new waiter next week.

Cameron at Pride is looking for staff for when he opens his new bar Circus. Completely renovated inside -- the bar, not Cameron.

All of the open venues in the soi are SHA certified.

Closing time in the soi is ---- 9 for alcohol and 10 for closing. Last night not strictly adhered to.

The only sad thing is that bars and pubs etc. (eg Banana and Strangers and Jupiter) cannot open till the 16th of January --- NOT the first of December as Pinocchio promised us.
    When that happens I predict that soi 4 will be back to it's original glory.

4. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 15th, 2021), dab69 (November 15th, 2021), daydreamer (November 15th, 2021), Dodger (November 15th, 2021), Jellybean (November 15th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 15th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 19th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Congratulations to all of the business owners who hung in their performing CPR on Krung Thep's Rainbow.

Jai and I can't wait to visit - see some smiling faces for a change - and revive the spirits.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (November 15th, 2021)

Liked

I agree Mr Dodger, I am heading up to Bangkok on Wednesday for four nights, half price in my favourite hotel, and I am really looking forward to seeing Soi 4 alive and having a drink with my dinner.

8. 6 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 15th, 2021), daydreamer (November 16th, 2021), Dodger (November 16th, 2021), goji (November 15th, 2021), Jellybean (November 15th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    I agree Mr Dodger, I am heading up to Bangkok on Wednesday for four nights, half price in my favourite hotel, and I am really looking forward to seeing Soi 4 alive and having a drink with my dinner.
    Last Saturday Soi 4 was heaving. Live music frim Balcony and Pride.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 15th, 2021), Dodger (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthrieston View Post
    So all the repression in Pattaya might have the side effect of sending the residents up to Bangkok to crowd into Soi 4 at the weekend ? Who would have thought it ?

Governments should learn that dumb policies have unintended side effects.

12. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Go all the way to BKK to sit in Soi 4 until 9PM….I don’t think so!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

14. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (November 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

Go all the way to BKK to sit in Soi 4 until 9PM….I don’t think so!
    Just start your night early...get drunk by 9:00...and have boy back in loom at 10:00.

Beats a stick in the eye!

16. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 16th, 2021), dab69 (November 19th, 2021), goji (November 17th, 2021), Nirish guy (November 20th, 2021), Patanawet (November 16th, 2021), vnman (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Beats a stick in the eye!
    Or a slap in the face with a wet fish.

18. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (November 16th, 2021)

Liked

I love this forum... Keeps me amused... Reminds me of the old days on Gay.com

Pride closes at 11:00 pm as we are open 3:00pm daily.

Connections and Balcony open later and stay open much later most nights. I understand many have asked why we don't stay open longer but I simply cant do it. My staff would kill me as they are already overworked.

I have a number of the Telephone Pub staff coming back to work for Pride / Circus next week. This will be a great help and even the Kitchen team from Telephone are coming back to work at Pride.

If you have Thai boys telling you they cant get a job and don't have money.. tell them to go to Pride and apply for work! I need at least 15 more staff to help for the opening of Circus! I pay Social Security, free food and pay generally higher salary then any others. As many know I truly take care of my staff and need as many more as I can get.

20. 10 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 20th, 2021), Andaman! (November 20th, 2021), christianpfc (November 20th, 2021), Dodger (November 20th, 2021), francois (December 2nd, 2021), Patanawet (November 20th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 20th, 2021), splinter1949 (November 20th, 2021), stev3 (November 20th, 2021), vnman (November 20th, 2021)