Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: American Expats in Thailand May Get U.S. Vaccines

Liked

Re: American Expats in Thailand May Get U.S. Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Which report has showed this mortality statement to be accurate, and which "American" vaccine are you referring to?
    Around April 30 academic Ginzburg (chief of Gamaleya institute) gave interview to main state Russian news agency TASS. He told it officially about Moderna. Since that time Moderna made no objection. He mention what Pfizer has close to Moderna rate. Also no objection.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Around April 30 academic Ginzburg (chief of Gamaleya institute) gave interview to main state Russian news agency TASS. He told it officially about Moderna. Since that time Moderna made no objection. He mention what Pfizer has close to Moderna rate. Also no objection.
    You gotta be fucking kidding me. The guy who shrugs off a piece of BBC reporting because it said India was being hit hard as just Western propaganda nonsense that can be ignored offers this up as evidence that everyone should accept as fact?

You have to quite literally be probably the most biased person I've ever encountered in my life.

No Platformed
    Liked

Evidently Moderna don’t wish to dignify his comments with a response - no other inference need be made. I note that Moderna yesterday signed a supply deal with Australia.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I didn't intend for this post to result in World War III, just as an update on what the U.S. is proposing for Thai expats.

Every person has the right to decide for themselves which vaccine(s) they believe are the most reliable based on the avalanche of technical data and expert opinions we've been exposed to for the past 15 months.

If you think the Chinese Sinovac or Sinopharm are the best bet, than by all means, go ahead and get it. If you're leaning more towards the Russian Sputnik vaccine because you're impressed with the data the Russians are making public, than by-all-means, wait to see if this becomes available in Thailand - or catch a flight to Moscow, and get yourself a shot (or 2) of Sputnik.

if you're confident with the timelines and commitments the Thai Government are making regarding AstraZenica, then, again, by-all-means, you should wait until this is made available for expats and get it.

See, the choice is YOURS, based on availability of course. It doesn't matter which vaccines other people like. Hell, this is going to be running through your veins, not anyone else's. Just make the best decision based on your knowledge and level of confidence, and go for it.

Personally, I have more confidence in the American vaccines. That's my prerogative. And if the U.S. can support me getting this taken care of in Thailand, I'd be as happy as a pig in poo. Who wouldn't be?

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

2lz2p (May 13th, 2021), Manforallseasons (May 13th, 2021), Ruthrieston (May 13th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

It ain’t gonna happen.

7. User who gave Like to post:

2lz2p (May 13th, 2021)

Liked

White House press secretary chimed in on this today, and as expected:

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said this week the U.S. government is focused on the safety of Americans around the world but is not now prepared to provide vaccines.

"We have not historically provided private healthcare for Americans living overseas, so that remains our policy," Psaki told reporters. "But I don't have anything to predict in terms of what may be ahead."
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/far...es-2021-05-12/

9. User who gave Like to post:

2lz2p (May 13th, 2021)

Liked

PS. Just realized, isn't it nice that the US is back to being a government that actually holds press briefings?

It's quite helpful in staying informed...

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    You gotta be fucking kidding me. The guy who shrugs off a piece of BBC reporting because it said India was being hit hard as just Western propaganda nonsense that can be ignored offers this up as evidence that everyone should accept as fact?

You have to quite literally be probably the most biased person I've ever encountered in my life.
    I like your post. Do you now why? Because you have no facts to objection, so you started to discuss me. Congrats! You have empty hands and lose discussion.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I like your post. Do you now why? Because you have no facts to objection, so you started to discuss me. Congrats! You have empty hands and lose discussion.
    So let me get this right... BBC reports facts on India's latest outbreak, and that can just be disregarded as Western propaganda.

Some guy says something on a Russian news program without evidence, and because Modurna didn't pro-actively come out and refute that statement, it must be true? Do you not maybe, just maybe... see there might be a small issue with that line of logic?

I know that Putin is actually a lizard man who keeps a bunch of flying dragons as pets in his basement, and flys around on them every night while spear hunting grizzly bears.

If Putin himself doesn't come out and refute that statement within 48 hours, then I guess that makes it true.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 13th, 2021)